Naples - Local knowledge please...

Options
Ghewlett
Ghewlett Posts: 22 Member
Hi guys

In less than 2 weeks I'm heading out of rainy England and over to sunny Florida for a 2 week holiday - staying in Naples at the Inn on Fifth..... I CANNOT WAIT!!

Can anyone tell me what the daytime & evening temperatures are like so I know what to pack!! Last time I visited the States (Las Vegas) it was FREEZING in all the restaurants as I was dressed for the heat outside! Is it the same there?

Can anyone recommend any good (& preferably healthy!) restaurants I should visit or must-see places etc

Would really appreciate some local knowledge from you guys!

Thanks

Replies

• flstarlady65
    Options
    I was just browsing and saw your post. It just so happens that I live in Naples and about 10 miles north of where you will be staying. The nights here have been around 65 and the days are hovering in the upper 80's. The humidity is not here yet and that is definitely a plus and no rain! Actually this is our dry season and we have had some fires because of it.

Hope you have a great Holiday and if you have any questions just give me a shout. I have lived here most of my life and know the area pretty well.

JoMarie
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    PS...bring a sweater because the restaurants are cold here too...unless you want to dine outside. A lot or restaurants offer outside dining especially on 5th Avenue South and 3rd street. I refer to 5th Ave as Restaurant Row.
  • Ghewlett
    Options
    Thanks so much JoMarie, really appreciate it. Here in southern England it is max 50 degrees during the day and way colder overnight so I am so much looking forward to my stay over there!

The outside dining sounds particularly wonderful - shame to sit inside in the air-con when it's so pleasant out!

Someone else told me that I need bug spray - I assumed that mosquitos might be a problem at the Everglades but wasn't expecting a problem at the beach/in town...what do you think?

If I think of anything else, I'll drop you a line if you don't mind!

Thanks again!
    George
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    George,

Bugs are problem in Florida no matter where you go. I am not sure if you have arrived yet but we had a little cold snap.. It was 56 this morning and will be 52 tomorrow. The weather will warm up by weekend but I would bring a light jacket just in case.

Hope you have a wonderful time here.
  • Ghewlett
    Options
    thanks so much for the info JoMarie - I really hope you're talking evening/overnight temperatures in the 50s and not during the day (might as well stay here for those temps!!)

Heading your way this weekend and SO looking forward to it!!

George
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

In less than 2 weeks I'm heading out of rainy England and over to sunny Florida for a 2 week holiday - staying in Naples at the Inn on Fifth..... I CANNOT WAIT!!

Can anyone tell me what the daytime & evening temperatures are like so I know what to pack!! Last time I visited the States (Las Vegas) it was FREEZING in all the restaurants as I was dressed for the heat outside! Is it the same there?

Can anyone recommend any good (& preferably healthy!) restaurants I should visit or must-see places etc

Would really appreciate some local knowledge from you guys!

Thanks

It's been a very unusual year and much cooler than usual for this time of year. I'm in Tallahassee, which is a few hundred miles north, but my aunt is in West Palm, just across the state from where you're going. She hasn't had to turn her air conditioning on yet. However, the most recent forecasts are saying it's going to warm up pretty quickly. I'd count on high 80s and possibly 90s, plus humidity, during the day. The evenings might still get cooler. You should be OK with your normal daytime attire and a light jacket.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just saw the post about bugs. The only places I seem to have an issue with them is at parks with lots of trees. Most counties in Florida spray for mosquitoes and since it hasn't been raining much they haven't been breeding as much, though the warm winter can cause there to be more bugs than usual.