Typical go to meals, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Options
MsShroom
MsShroom Posts: 7 Member
Mine is usually
3 egg whites, FF American cheese and hot sauce for breakfast
Shirataki noodless and veggies like broccoli for lunch or a salad
Dinner varies from big salads, chicken and a side of veggies or soup

I may snack on an apple or a hand full of green grapes.

Boring, but low cal and filling...

Replies

• slipandsink
    slipandsink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Personally I like cooking a chicken breast or some kind of meat product and then having it with loads and loads of veggies - celery, pepper, carrot, sweetcorn, brocolli! More veggies than meat :) For lunch I'll grab a cheese and onion roll and have that with some fruit. I love scrambled egg whites but feel like I'm such a waster when I make them and throw the yolk away!
  • danikiz
    danikiz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For lunch and dinner (if I'm going to be on the go), I pack two servings (two cups) of quinoa with feta and spinach mixed in. I add red wine vinegar and lots of pepper.

Yoplait 99% fat free fruit yogurt, bananas and oranges are also on my snack list.
  • MsShroom
    Options
    LOVE the idea of the feta and spinach - I use balsamic vinegar on my salads - tons of flavor!
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    breakfast -- hard boiled egg or yogurd
    lunch i make extra of what ever i made the nigh before
    dinner some form of meat, and veggie.

some times weird stuff. off work yesturday lunch was saurkraut and meatballs (from the night before)
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been starting my day with a piece of fruit (lately an orange) followed a bit later with some couscous or cream of wheat cereal or a slice of toast with peanut butter or a hard-boiled egg or even toast and a small chunk of cheese.

For lunch, lately I have often been having a spinach salad either combined with other vegetables, hard boiled egg, shredded cheese, etc. with whipped dressing, or spinach combined with fruits such as strawberries, etc and served with flavoured vinagrette dressing. Other options are half a meat sandwich accompanied by raw veggies, or a piece of toast served with chickpeas, kidney beans or black beans.

I love salads particularly when the weather is warmer and find them to be filling and satisfying for me. For supper I will sometimes just make a humungous salad and toss in some chicken, fish, and/or cheese for protein. Otherwise for supper it is meat (usually chicken or fish, although I do sometimes eat red meats) and two vegetables (even then if I am feeling particularly hungry, I will often start off the meal with a small salad).

For a snack it is usually some fruit or raw veggies or yogurt but sometimes a very small handful of almonds or walnuts or peanuts.

I have only been on this weight loss thing for about six weeks so I will likely start getting bored with some of my choices soon so it is interesting to see some of the choices other people make. I am going to try making some hummus soon and use it for vegetable dip. I have noticed a lot of people have been raving about how delicious hummus is. (Apparently all you need is some canned chickpeas, a blender and a few spices to make your own). Canned chickpeas and canned beans in general are usually very high in sodium so I usually buy the low sodium kinds, or if you use the regular kinds you can get rid a lot of the sodium by draining them and then rinsing them twice before you use them.

As you can see my diet is not "very low" in carbs but actually since I have reducing my intake of grains to 0 to 2 servings a day and eliminated "empty" carbs, I generally consume between 100 and 120 carbs a day which isn't considered to be high by most sources.
  • MsShroom
    Options
    If you can find the Fourty Spice Hummus by Tribe - it's really flavorful! 2 Tbs = 100 cal, so not bad. Also, the Safeway Brand "Eating Right" has an Artichoke Hummus that's only 35 cal for 2 Tbs.
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    Breakfast Protein Shake
    Mid day snack low fat cheese stick
    Lunch large green salad with tilapia or chicken breast
    afternoon snack 2 boiled eggs
    Dinner- low fat protein ( fish or chicken) steamed veggies
    Extra protein shake if I work out.

Normally I hit around 1000-1200 and 20-40 carbs

Boring stuff I know. I just found this web site for low carb diets. I'm starting to try new things I make one new recipe a week.

Love the low carb oopsie rolls!!

http://yourlighterside.com/
  • ColleenRoss50
    Options
    If you can find the Fourty Spice Hummus by Tribe - it's really flavorful! 2 Tbs = 100 cal, so not bad. Also, the Safeway Brand "Eating Right" has an Artichoke Hummus that's only 35 cal for 2 Tbs.

Thanks, I will look for it. I think I'll still try to make my own as well (I already have the chick peas) but I would also like to try the commercial product and see how it compares and what I prefer. This will be my first time trying hummus.
  • ColleenRoss50
    Options
    sansouchi, I checked out the website. The oopsie rolls made with cream cheese do sound yummy.
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    sansouchi, I checked out the website. The oopsie rolls made with cream cheese do sound yummy.

I'm hooked on them. I feel like I'm getting my bread fix!!
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love the Sunkist light tuna pouches. I have several I keep at work. I sprinkle a few drops of Tabasco sauce on it and eat it right out of the pouch. 80 calories!!