Lost 30 lbs, struggling to keep off those last 5 lbs.

Options
Hello, Two years ago my husband lost 60 lbs. and I lost 30 lbs. by making a lifestyle change and eating heart healthy and walking daily. We have kept that weight off and still go for a 2 mile walk almost every day. Occasionally a few pounds creep back on and then we start recording our food and cutting back on our calories and making sure we exercise. This week I started cutting back to 1200 calories again to take off 5 lbs. that have creeped back on. I find that if I eat the right foods, I don't get hungry throughout the day. Carbs are a big weakness of mine but if I watch my carbs and don't eat more than 3 or 4 servings a day, I will usually drop pounds. It's amazing how easily the weight creeps back on if you don't watch what you are doing! I'm determined to get those last 5 lbs. off again though, before 5 lbs. turn into 10, and then 10 turns into 20, etc.!

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You really seem to have a handle on this!

I struggle all the time fluctuating between 122-128. This may not seem horrendous except that my goal is to get to 115-117. This flux has been my life for the past two years. I could pat myself on the back for having lost 50+ pounds and keeping that off but instead I focus on the fact that I still have not hit my goal. I need an attitude adjustment!

D
  • dmd1402
    dmd1402 Posts: 4
    Options
    That's wonderful that you lost 50 lbs! Congrats! It's funny how our bodies have a way of gravitating to a certain weight and not wanting to budge past that mark. My goal was 129 lbs., and I did hit my goal but I find it very difficult to stay at that weight. My body naturally wants to stay around 133-136. I'm 50 years old though and any thinner than 129 wouldn't look good on me (I'm 5' 6"). However, like you, I do want to hit my goal again and try to stay there. :)