20g carbs - 2 weeks in

Options
thecrazy1
thecrazy1 Posts: 10 Member
I have been eating about 20g carbs a day for 2 weeks and have lost 10lbs so far. If I carry on eating the same am i likely to still lose the same amount of weight. Is it safe to carry on eating low carbs, I must say I have never felt better I used to get palpitation when i ate carbs now that has gone.

What do you think?

Replies

• PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Have you read the Atkins books? According to his books you can continue in this phase which is the induction phase if you continue to feel good and to loose weight. I too am getting 20 grams or less a day and I feel great. I am not near as bloated as when I was eating carbs. There is a way to begin to add carbs back when you are ready. If you aren't sure, let me know.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've been at around 30 for months, and had no ill effects- All good!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have been 20-30 net carbs for about 7 weeks and you're weight loss may slow down.
    The New Atkins for a New you book does say that after the initial loss (mostly water) you may lose about 1-2 pounds a week.

The biggest problem I have is a bit less energy for hard workouts and sometimes some cramping in my lower legs and feet.

You can stay on a low net carb level for as long as you wish---BUT be sure to then go through all the steps of the carb ladder to add foods back slowly, don't just go back to eating the way you used to.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Day 3 here and feeling better already, keeping my salt intake up this time after reading the book. You HAVE to read the book, I learnt so so so much more about this approach to eating. 1 kilo down already (but i put the weight on in a matter of weeks) but super happy with the results so far! Feel so good bloated wise. I only have 7-8 kg to lose so might get off induction after a couple of weeks. I cant see how eating heaps of vegies and natural fats can be bad, especially after i read the book. I just worry about my acne playing up with the lack of fruit.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Most of the big loss in the first week or two is water. This drops out as you start draining the excess glucose from your system - water is retained 3:1 with glucose so for every part glucose you lose - three parts water will come out. Yes - it will slow after a bit.

Sounds like you are off to a good start - good luck on your path!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to take your mulitvitamin and you will be fine! :-)
  • thecrazy1
    thecrazy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The biggest problem I have is a bit less energy for hard workouts and sometimes some cramping in my lower legs and feet.

Magnesium. And get your Vitamin D tested.