I'm new (to this group & running!)

Options
_Emu_
_Emu_ Posts: 45 Member
hi everyone, have just started the c25k program and am signed up for a 10k in october (Eeek, slightly scared! my sis-in-law signed me up!!)
hoping to make some new friends and get some tips and advice:smile:

Replies

• lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to both! Feel free to add me, if you would like. I am on week 8, and I am signed up for a 5K in a month. And contemplating a 10 miler in October. I am also knew to running, and this program has been wonderful!
  • HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome! I was completely new to running when I started and although I am not at a 5k point yet, I am amazed at how far I have come, this is a great program.
  • tngfordisney
    Options
    I plan to start the program this coming monday. It's been years since I have been able to run but I am excited about starting. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

Rick
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Welcome! I'm on week three about ready to start week four and can't believe that in just a few weeks I've gone from barely able to jog one minute to doing five. If I can do it anyone can...its a great program!! Keep us updated on your progress!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just joined this group...I am into week 3 of c25k and noticing the intensity from week 2. Sometimes I dont know if I'll ever finish this..so please feel free to add a friend who is new to running...but man I am so determined!
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi, I am new to running as well, Completed Week 1 Day 1 today, very excited about this program, we live on a hilly road and it kicked my butt but I finished barely!! Good luck to you guys!!
  • lizbet
    lizbet Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello! I just joined this group. I ran in high school but that was 8 years ago, so you could say I am new to running. Had baby in August and wasn't in shape before I got pregnant, so definitely working on it now. I started C25K back in January and like usual, I wasn't following directions, and was doing it everyday (just would repeat days of the week I was on) ended up with a stress fracture in my knee. After physical therapy, I was cleared to start again with strict orders to follow directions!! Tonight was day 2 week 1 and feeling good. 34 mins, 2.1 miles with an average of 16:21 min/mi. My current plan is working out 5x a week. C25k 3x and strength training 2x and 2 days off.
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello! I only joined this group yesterday. I've just completed week 1 of C25K and looking forward to going on to week 2. The place I live is very hilly so finding it a bit hard going at times - there is literally nowhere flat anywhere near me! But it's the first time in my life I'm actually enjoying running, so I can't wait to continue and finally be able to run 5K :smile:
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome all you newbies, I wish you well in your C25K journey !!
  • Tam_Dorey
    Tam_Dorey Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Guys, just joined the group as well as myfitnesspal. What a great place for people to support one another in weightloss!

Here's a quick question for any experienced runners out there. The C25K, is that something that I can continue running 3 days a week when I finally finish or is running something that I should eventually work towards running every day or 5 days a week?
  • eprissel
    eprissel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, just joined the group as well as myfitnesspal. What a great place for people to support one another in weightloss!

Here's a quick question for any experienced runners out there. The C25K, is that something that I can continue running 3 days a week when I finally finish or is running something that I should eventually work towards running every day or 5 days a week?

Run Zombies!!! is on the Iphone but not for Android yet, im waiting for that so when I finish C25K I can have something else to use.