Houston

Options

Replies

• rhogar00
    rhogar00 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work off of Fuqoa (SP?) & 45 and it's pouring over here.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I work off of Fuqoa (SP?) & 45 and it's pouring over here.
    Crud....I live over there!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yep, and they are doing major construction on Fuqua near me (okay, they have been for what seems like eons now) which adds to the flooding and mess!
  • macpatti
    Options
    I can't stand all that construction by that Walgreens on Fuqua at Sabo!
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    They have been doing who knows what for aaaaages from Sabo all the way past Clearwood/Blackhawk - I'm sure they're doing *something* because lane closures keep changing, but I really can't tell what, especially since it's been drawn out for so long (I got an email from COH Public Works and Engineering saying completion was scheduled for early 2011 maybe?) :yawn:
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    Back to the weather - can I help how dramatic they are?! (pounding, Titan...lol)

severweather012512.jpg
  • macpatti
    Options
    Ha! Thunderstorms give them something to live for!
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    is this board still active?
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    As long as folks keep posting! :smile:
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    Good, I need all the buddies I can get haha.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Isn't this weather we're having simply amazing?!?!?!
  • macpatti
    Options
    It's been beautiful! I love capris and strappy sandals weather!
  • atomiclauren
    Options
    I think we're getting near the temperature threshold where I need to be sweating at the beach and not on the way to work :sick:
  • southernpurplevegan
    southernpurplevegan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in far west Houston (Cinco Ranch) , and trying to work up to start running.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options

Work up? Just get out there and do it. I was never a runner, not even when I was young and in shape. I started Couch to 5K last summer, took my time getting through it, repeated many weeks and am now using the Bridge to 10k app!
  • southernpurplevegan
    Options

Work up? Just get out there and do it. I was never a runner, not even when I was young and in shape. I started Couch to 5K last summer, took my time getting through it, repeated many weeks and am now using the Bridge to 10k app!

I just started doing the Couch to 5K myself too but I was advised by my doctor to work up to running because I have an previous leg injury from a really bad rollover accident.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options

I just started doing the Couch to 5K myself too but I was advised by my doctor to work up to running because I have an previous leg injury from a really bad rollover accident.

Couch to 5K is a great plan!! Is it what your doctor suggested you use?
  • southernpurplevegan
    Options

Couch to 5K is a great plan!! Is it what your doctor suggested you use?

My doctor recommend it but she told me to take my time to avoid my leg from acting up.
  • Stay2theC
    Stay2theC Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What's going on Houston?!? Anyone in the Kingwood area?
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    Really, no more houston people?