April 12 -- less than a month til bikini time!

Options
My journey has been one full of high impact and high intensity training...and I love it. I am currently on my second round of Insanity and am finishing up my recovery week. Next week begins month 2 - and for anyone who has ever done Insanity...you know how nervous I am! My biggest problem is the nutrition aspect. I plan on trying to be "really good" during month 2 - and I brought my nutrition guide with me to work today to really study it and make notes on what I need to be doing differently. My problem is I love a good red wine - and even though I know that red wine is actually good for you in moderation, I still may love it a little more than in "moderation." I would love to hear about everyone's journey...what you are doing and how you are doing it! Bring it on!

Replies

• meagangoss
    Options
    I am a dialysis technician. and Im in school to become an RN. I've never tried the Insanity workout but I have seen the commercials. THey Look Intense!! im sure you will do well. Im actually just starting to bucke down and get serious about losing this weight. Its one thing to know and say it and its another to actually get commited. currently I take water aerobics twice a week, mondays and wednesdays. I try to walk each of the other days and play the dance party on the wii with my children. Im excited and determined to get this weight off of me because I am completely unsatisfied with my overall weight, shape, and health.
  • kristinlk76
    Options
    Awesome job, Meagan! Thanks for joining the group and being the first one to post -- hopefully we will get more soon! I have heard water aerobics is tough...but good job with that and with trying to stay active on the other days. Once we make the decision to get into shape...it's all fun from then on!
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I too am doing high intensity training. I am on day 19 of insanity and love the program. I am a little nervous for month 2 which starts on April 22nd for me. I will do my best and dig deep. I also participate in Tae Kwon Do three nights a week. I love both insanity and Tae Kwon Do and plan to continue with both on my journey. I am a heatlh professional and a mom of three children. I do find it difficult to get me time, but I am figuring it all out as I go. My nutrition sometimes could use improvement and I will work on that aspect as well. I am open to ideas, suggestions and options. Lets focus on us and improve our overall health.
  • treyalan
    treyalan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 54 years old, mother of 4 and grandma of 3 beautiful children. I work as a Medical Assistant part time and yes, we take care of patients all day but need more time to take care of us! I started just working out back in Jan. but was not watching my food intake. Nothing....no pounds lost! Now after joining MFP and keeping track of what I eat I have dropped 6 lbs. I remember the days when I was young and could just watch what I ate for a couple weeks and weight would fall off, not the case any more. The older you get , the harder it comes off. Looking forward to feeling good about my self again. Lets cheer each other on!
  • sdoldsMD2013
    Options
    I am a 24 year old medical student who will graduate with my MD degree in May 2013. My goal is to lose the weight that I have put in through college and medical school. I hope to get down to 105-115, depending on how I feel when I get down to the 115 mark. At my last weigh-in I was around 132. My routine typically consists of monitoring what I eat very closely and monitoring the calories that I consume in relation to how many calories I have burned/plan to burn that day. My caloric intake goal is 1200, but it is rare that I reach that. My exercise goal is 6 days per week, losing 2 lbs per week. But, right now given my hectic schedule, I only work out 3-4 days per week, give or take. I’m hoping to exercise 6 days this week for the first time. I plan to take Sundays off. Let’s hope those plans work! One of the biggest goals that I have coming up is to be at 115 by my 25th birthday on July 6, 2012. Once I reach that mark will determine whether my gears will shift to maintaining or continue to lose.

This is not the first time I have embarked on this healthy lifestyle journey, but it is the first time I’ve actually actively participated in myfitnesspal, by not only logging my meals and exercise, but adding friends, participating in forums, and joining groups. It has been really helpful, and I hope that with this support I can make the changes that I need to make this new lifestyle hold for the rest of my life.
  • kristinlk76
    Options
    Treyalan -- Amazing what can happen when we fix everything about our fitness, including the food, huh? That is my biggest problem. I know that 80% of fitness and healthy living begins in the kitchen - I just need to implement that throughout the day! Actually, the day is not as big of a problem as my evenings. During the day, I drink my Shakeology and have a healthy lunch. At night I like to have a glass of good wine and a little cheese with crackers - that is my downfall. I am determined to fix it!

sdoldsMD2013 -- congrats on almost being finished with med school! What is your specialty? I completely understand weight gain during school -- PA school was when I packed on the pounds. All I did was study, eat and sleep. I put aside no time to work out. NONE. This website and the comminity here will definitely help keep you on track and motivated!

Rachel -- Gotta love Shaun T and Insanity! I started month 2 yesterday....WOW! I know the hard work will be worth it, but he really kicks your tail in month 2! Like I said above, the nutrition part is my biggest problem as well. I rely on my Shakeology to get me through the morning, and it does! I can't wait to check my cholesterol level after being on it for a year now!
  • meagangoss
    Options
    so true! im glad you created this forum for those in the same profession to relate to and to give support to. when im feeling down and unmotivated i log on to MFP. this really helps. Im just having a hard time sticking to my fitness schedule as well as managing my fiance and kids schedule.
  • kristinlk76
    Options
    so true! im glad you created this forum for those in the same profession to relate to and to give support to. when im feeling down and unmotivated i log on to MFP. this really helps. Im just having a hard time sticking to my fitness schedule as well as managing my fiance and kids schedule.

I completely understand....although I only have one son and a husband who is easily entertained by that three year old! So, right now I can pretty much do my workout anytime....but I love to get it over with at 5:30 in the morning! My entire day just seems so much brighter after I have sweated my tail off!!
  • sdoldsMD2013
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for the kind words! I will be going into Internal Medicine and most likely subspecializing after that in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I love Shaun T, but am more than a little nervous for month 2. Last week I put in one of the month 2 cd's and watched 15 min of it and wow I cannot believe how much harder the workout seemed. I am very nervous. Next week is my cardio recovery week and I must say I am looking forward to it. In TKD we are preparing for a tournment so our workouts have gone up a few notches and are more challenging than before. Most days I do both TKD and Insanity. I love both and don't want to give one up. How is month 2 going for you? any pointers or tips?
  • ahoag_83
    ahoag_83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not quite doing the high intensity training like Insanity or P90X, but I do run and love to Zumba and Tae Bo. I like the fast paced work outs. I am a LPN and work full time, as well as a mom to 2 kids. I really just started in January making time for myself to work out. I'm glad I have because it has become a routine or habit and love to work out now!
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a physical therapist, currently working in a Skilled Nursing Facility. I just finished my Day 6 of Insanity. Boy, I was so breathless with their Pure Cardio! Lost 6.2 pounds now, I think today is my 31st or 32nd day I joined MFP and started my weight loss! Good luck to all with their weight loss! We can do it! :)
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also a 24 year old med student but I won't be graduating until 2015. Trying to keep up the healthy habits now before my schedule gets more hectic in my 3rd and 4th year. Currently just trying to get out of the habits of sitting around and studying all day - since I've been learning so much about the effects of being sedentary. If I don't make good habits now, they probably won't stick around while I do have longer hours. I try to jog in the city 2-3 days a week now that the weather is getting nicer. It's nice to meet you all!
  • christinevhoogasian
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Christine. I am an NP and am also going to school for my doctorate in nursing practice. I feel my life is nutty between working 45-50 hours per week at my job....and then studying countless hours for my homework. I am 5'5" and weigh 162 pounds. I would loooooooove to be 140 pounds in the near future. I do great with working out on my elliptical machine at home and also started to do some strength training....but my issue is that I have to learn not to snack on junk food when I am stressed, because that and my aging metabolism (lol) are my enemies! :)Wish me luck!!!