100+ to lose...who's with me?

Options
I just started using MFP yesterday at the suggestion of a friend. I've been using another app for the last month, but I think I like this one better. My goal is to lose 125 pounds by next spring. I'm looking to build a support/accountability network to really help me get there. I want to get all I can out of this app and the site itself. So, who among you is with me? Who else needs to drop a C-note or more? Where are you at in your journey? What is working for you? What are some areas you feel like you might need more help or encouragement in? Add me as a friend if you'd like! I'm a great motivator!

Replies

• alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Well let me see I can be with you...but I have already lost almost 90 pounds and only got about 20 more to go to reach my personal goal...but I know what it takes so I am with you...I hope you are doing well!
  • babycinders
    babycinders Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I've been using MFP on and off since last summer. During the late summer and fall I was doing awesome. Tracking my food every day and working out 4-5 times a week. I had lost a good 30lbs but sadly as winter approached I let stress and relationship issues get the better of me and pretty much gained it all back. I tend to be a creature of habit but getting that first initial push and motivation to get into a new habit (ie better eating and working out) is always really tough for me. The other day I realized it's only a month away from my 31'st birthday. Right there, that's was a great motivator to get me started again but I know I'm going to need a lot of help and encouragement to keep me going to the point where I can make it routine again.
  • brghtrside
    Options
    Well let me see I can be with you...but I have already lost almost 90 pounds and only got about 20 more to go to reach my personal goal...but I know what it takes so I am with you...I hope you are doing well!

WOW! Way to go! Just knowing there are others out there who have accoplished what I am attempting is really inspiring. Every time I work out and I start to think "Man, this really SUCKS! It's so hard!" I remind myself of those who have gone before me...if they can do it, surely I can. Thanks for the motivation and keep up the momentum...you are sooooo close!!!
  • brghtrside
    Options
    I'm with you. I've been using MFP on and off since last summer. During the late summer and fall I was doing awesome. Tracking my food every day and working out 4-5 times a week. I had lost a good 30lbs but sadly as winter approached I let stress and relationship issues get the better of me and pretty much gained it all back. I tend to be a creature of habit but getting that first initial push and motivation to get into a new habit (ie better eating and working out) is always really tough for me. The other day I realized it's only a month away from my 31'st birthday. Right there, that's was a great motivator to get me started again but I know I'm going to need a lot of help and encouragement to keep me going to the point where I can make it routine again.

I can totes relate on the whole losing and gaining it back thing. I lost about 50 pounds on WW about 3 years ago, I only gained back about 17 pounds, but that was enough to make me feel guilty about undoing all the hard work I had done. Aging has a funny way of putting things in perspective for us too, lol! Thanks for adding me as a friend. We are gonna make it happen sister! 2012 is our year!!!!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's hard ... but this is the time of year to do it. Spring is near, pleasant temperatures - winter is past. Watch the grass turn green, the tree's sprout leaves. Got my shiny new shoes with comfy soles, tunes for my iPhone - and an upbeat attitude.

Now, if the weight could only come off as well unconsciously as it went on.
  • doctordonna1968
    Options
    I am new to this site. I would like to join you at losing a c-note +15. :flowerforyou:
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of LETTING myself gain back all of my losses along the way so I keep making progress then stepping back! Back to 25 down today, my main goal is to lose 25 by the end of April to get to 255. It's halfway to 100 pounds. I've been trying to lose since the beginning of November so I'm trying to catch back onto my schedule!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    anyone who wants to, feel free to add me!! I want from never setting foot in a gym and being overweight and out of shape my whole life to being a gym rat -- I've lost 108.6lbs so far.... I want to lose another 34.8llbs. :) I'm currently following the 4 hour body's eating plan -- it's amazing!! very common sense, easy, and tasty!! :)

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 194.8
    gw 160
    29 y/o 5'6''
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since last July, and LOVE it! Lost 40 lbs, then in November broke my foot and slacked with the workouts/diet.. then came the holidays... gained over 10 lbs. I'm back at about 34 lbs lost now. It was tough getting back on track, but I'm starting to feel better now than I have in a long time! :) I have 3 kids.. and I would say it's baby weight, but really it started coming on when I became a stay at home mom. Put on about 90 lbs in 3 years! HOLY CRAP right?!?Heaviest was last spring at almost 280! It totally blew my mind to think that I was only 20 lbs away from weighing 300 lbs. Disgusting. Anyway, wanna get back to about 150-160. Hubby thinks that's too skinny... I was 175 when I met him in high school. And I thought I was fat then! Geez I only wish I could be that size again! But it'll happen!
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! I just joined MFP today and I'm already loving it. I've been working on losing weight since last summer and it's been slow going. I've managed about 20 pounds, but I have 150 left to lose to reach my goal weight of 150. I travel for work and I'm currently living in the Philippines for business so it's easy to get sidetracked, especially when living out of a suitcase and having to eat out most of the time. I know I can do it though but I need all the support I can get! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can make this journey together! :smile:
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me also, I am 21 yrs old, I have around 100lbs to lose. I haven't really decided on an exact goal weight yet, I guess I will just see how I feel when I get there. I need to lose as much weight as possible before December this year, as I am going to South Africa, so very happy to meet new people so we can motivate each other!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I have 200+ to lose so there's that lol
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jackie - here are my 'stats' for those who want similar friends:

I am 32, an Army wife, a 'heart' mom to a 4 year old boy, kinda tall (~5'10"), I work full time, and I began my journey (again) today. I have lost weight successfully before, but I went off my program. This time I want to get it DONE. I am ~100 pounds away from the top end of the recommended weight for a healthy BMI, and I would consider losing a few more than that.

I'm 36 pounds away from the weight I was 2 years ago where I got a lot of compliments. I'm 54 pounds away from the lowest weight I've been in the past dozen years. When I get into 'onederland' - I think I will feel like I'm in heaven! :) I am also trying to tell myself that this time, if I am able to change my life - stick to it - and keep it off, I am going to pay it forward and become a Health Coach too. One of my motivators is that I would like to lose weight to be healthy for adding a second child to our family.

I am on a program called Take Shape for Life having Medifast food. Following this plan, I should be able to reach my goal, (or close enough to it that I will be THRILLED & CELEBRATING), right around the New Year!

If you would like to add me as a friend for support, or would like me to add you, let me know. Thanks for reading!

Jackie
  • mariamarchita
    mariamarchita Posts: 131
    Options
    I have 200+ to lose so there's that lol

Me too, girlfriend, me too
  • marycmeadows
    Options
    Feel free to add me -- I started on 1/1/11 -- and have lost 111.2lbs so far. :) looking to lose about another 30lbs or so.

30y/o, 5'6''
    sw 303.4
    cw 192.2
    gw 160 (I think)
  • kimmisatch
    kimmisatch Posts: 105
    Options
    If I have worked this out right (we work with KG here in NZ) but I think I have about 140 pounds left to lose, which is like 60kg.
    Feel free to add :)
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    In, I have over 100 left to lose, I've lost about 60 so far and have been STUCK for 8 months!
  • classylady41
    Options
    I am trying to loose 60 pounds to achive my goal.. when I started this program I was 212.. I am glad I was introdced to this program.. been making new friends that are battling with weight gain.. we are not alone.. more encouragement and support is the best.. feel free to add me
  • marycmeadows
    Options
    Feel free to add me.... I've lost just under 115lbs, and am looking to lose another 20lbs or so..... :)