Welcome

Options

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Glad to see all the new people!! Welcome to all of you!
  • TheresaReiter
    TheresaReiter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi! I'm new to MFP but not to IA - lived here most of my life! Not really into sports, but 2 children attended ISU, so I guess, GO CLONES!
  • MrsKearns
    MrsKearns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hey there! another iowan. Born in garrison, live in vinton (in between waterloo and cedar rapids) I have 65lbs to lose!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Welcome friends glad to have you!
  • PugsMagoo
    PugsMagoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I root for Iowa when they play UNI and ISU, but I root for all three when they play other teams
  • kmolson
    kmolson Posts: 7
    Options
    Born and raised in Iowa, smallish town of Manchester (aka mantown)
    I'm 25, live in the country on a acreage, but not a farm, with my daughter who is 5. Divorced, amicably, and happier for it (that goes for everyone)
    I Heart Iowa HAWKEYES!
    Went to school at Iowa Wesleyan, didn't graduate, then to NICC, didn't graduate, now I run an auto business (sorta) for my dad. I also write poems, I have a few in the teenage soup books from years ago. Now I'm starting a novel, was to be released in May, editor pushed it back to August.
    I got a bf who just (as in today) got back from Afghan. I LOVE HIM TO DEATH. We've been friends since we were 8, just started dating a year ago :)

Yep that pretty much does it!
    Friend me!
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jen. I was born, raised, and currently live in Dubuque. I lived down in Burlington for 3 years.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    hey there! another iowan. Born in garrison, live in vinton (in between waterloo and cedar rapids) I have 65lbs to lose!

Another Vintonite here....how crazy is that! Been in town for about 9 years. Grew up in Northern Iowa --Nashua area on a farm.

If my user name didn't give it away, I bleed black and gold.
  • lovedtorun
    lovedtorun Posts: 75
    Options
    Hello all! First off Go HAWKS! And second I was raised in a little town called Brooklyn (right in the middle of Coralville and DSM) I have lived in quite a few places in Iowa, Cedar Rapids, Belle Plaine, Victor, Montezuma and Peru Iowa. I currently live back in Brooklyn and have my own Massage Therapy practice in Grinnell.
  • jillybean
    jillybean Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have lived my entire life in rural Iowa near the small (pop.3000) town of Tipton. It is centered between Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and the Quad Cities. Ever hear of it? I will root for any Iowa team when they aren't playing the Hawks, but I would have to say I bleed black & gold! Glad to be a part of MFP, my profile says I joined in 2007, but I don't remember being a member then. Nevertheless, I rejoined in April 2012. Hope to hear more from all you Iowanites!
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    New member in Des Moines (Grimes actually) here. Been on MFP for a couple months now, but new to the forums. Glad to see so many others on here.
  • digitalodin
    digitalodin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Jesse, live near Altoona/Ankeny, and am a big ISU fan. Good to meet some fellow Iowa peeps!
  • hmlarson
    hmlarson Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am new to the group and was wondering if there is anyone in the waterloo or independence area that wants an exercise buddy? Looking to start going to the gym but don't really want to go by myself :)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Although I got my masters at UI, I am totally NOT in to team sports. GO DEBATE CLUBS! LIBRARY GROUPS! Sorry, guess what I am trying to say is that my interests are more intellectual/ academic. I live in Wellman, near Iowa City. I have been here ten years, before that three in Iowa City. My grandparents called Iowa City home from 1927, so that is how I claim Iowa roots. Both my parents, my aunt and uncle, and my brother are all UI alum too. Grandfather was a music professor. My dad was ordained in to the Episcopal ministry at Trinity church in Iowa City. His first parish was in Sioux City. I had a job for eight years that took me all over the state, so I know many of the towns fairly well. So while you are all going tailgating and going to games, I will just sit here and read a book!
  • desmrcoe
    desmrcoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I live in Ankeny, Grew up in Clinton. I'm new to the forums good to see people from Iowa. Go ISU!!
  • smokeywolf57
    Options
    hello northern Iowa here, Mason City to be exact. sorry I don't do sports but my grandson is a Hawk fan.

joined MFP because I had gastric by pass a few months ago and I have been loosing but haven't been exercising the way I should be because of thing around here, daughter and new grandson and 3 other grandsons. lol
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I work in Iowa City, and live in Bettendorf (Quad Cities). I'm an alum of UI, but don't give a rip about the athletics.
  • ianvanschepen
    ianvanschepen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cyclones all the way... GO STATE!! ;)
  • bombshellintraining18
    Options
    Hello everyone Im from the Iowa City area and attend the university of Iowa. So I root for the Hawks but support other Iowa teams as well.
  • Nmorfitt
    Nmorfitt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Boo ISU :)