Need some help from you smart ladies

Options
SO:

I have been bouncing around the same weight for a while now. Have lost some inches but craving for some shift in the scale as I have been very patient (1.5 months) but dont seem to be making a dent on the scale. I am 5.4" and weigh between 134-136 (depending on the day :smile: )

I think I get this whole TDEE, BMR and eating extra calories if I start going under my BMR. I need a second, third, fourth pair of eyes to check my calculations and goals.

My BMR according to K/M is 1342. My TDEE based on Mod Activity is 2083. If I want to loose weight I am going to cut at 20% of my TDEE resulting in 1667 calories a day. I will NOT count my workout calories UNLESS I burn more that 320 (1667-320=1347) which brings me below my BMR. My macros are set at 40/30/30- C/P/F

My workouts look like this:

M, W, F - Circuit training for 50 minutes (average calories burned 550-650)
Tues, Th- NROL (squats, DL,Bench press etc.) avg. calories burned 350

I have been doing good on the workouts but have been eating a little bit more calories according to me (please feel free to check my diary, it is open) and also heavier on the carbs.

Does this look good to you guys? Will I be all sexy and svelt in the next 4 months??? :laugh:

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Looking good to me, girl. Remember that we *do* want to see everyone get smaller/look better, but we'd always prefer that you lose inches over lbs. I'm all about losing FAT, not necesarily WEIGHT. Sometimes the two go hand in had, but not always, so keep that in mind. We just want you to look GOOD when it's all said and done, not just have a lower scale # (although it often still comes when you least expect it)

I posted this on my newsfeed the other day, you may wanna check it out, just to keep things in perpective :wink: :

"Courtney Prather- went from a bodyfat of 24% down to *12%* to be stage ready, and dropped NO WEIGHT on the scale. :noway: That's.what's.up. :tongue: "
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVK-v-xP290

~Kiki
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks for your input hun! I am ALL about losing inches as long as there is some shift with the scale as seriously I would have to eat a ton of protein to make all my fat convert in to muscle and I know that I don't do that. I am still at a 26-27% BF which is quite unacceptable to me knowing that I have been at the 18-20% level which looks real good on me.

From a scale perspective I have been as low as 118 lbs and looked horrible. 125 lbs is perfect on my frame and shape but I would like to shed the layer of fat (10 lbs!!) as well for the muscles to show. Somehow what I am doing is NOT working so I want to shift things. Contrary to where most of the ladies in this group start, I think I am eating a bit much.

I loved the video btw. Thanks so much for posting it, it does put things in perspective...now only if I looked like her...sigh!
  • 31prvrbs
    Options
    Certain levels of bodyfat are not really recommended for long term, but I do understand that you want to get lower. But remember, she dropped 12% body fat and didn't lose a lb. so to say that you have to lose 10lbs to drop 6-8% bodyfat is not necessarily so. You could stay right where you are for all we know. Do not chain the scale # to your bodyfat goals because they are completely separate. Remember that in order for muscles to show, they have to be there, & in order to build them, you gotta eat to support the growth.

Most women who up their cals, and feel like they're eating too much, are typically still not eating enough. I honestly doubt that 1600 cals is too much. Being at 20% of your TDEE might actually be too low. How low were you before upping in the first place?

To put things in perspective and understand why I ask: I'm 5'2, 126, and cut @ 1900 cals right now. In the past 1.5 months I've lost NO weight. As a matter of fact up until last week, I'd actually been UP 4 lbs, so I upped my cals to maintenance this week, and 3.5 of it "fell" off this morning. So, technically, I'm UP .5 for the last 5 weeks or so.

But I've gone from a size 6, to a size 2 during that time (I wore my 2s for the first time today), with the scale refusing to cooperate the entire time. You just have to stay focused on the lose "fat" goal. If "weight" loss occurs, it's a bonus ;)

Hang in there, girl. You got this ;)

~Kiki
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Kiki - what newsfeed?
  • 31prvrbs
    Options
    That was just posted on my MFP newsfeed. I typically post daily articles, videos, etc. on my profile/blog that may address issues we're all facing, so that we keep the faith and remember why we're doing what we're doing :)
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    You do give me hope kiki :)

Serioulsy the 10lbs number is just something I have ingraved in my head...and you are right, it is NOT neccesary for me to loose lbs while loosing BF%. I do understand the concept of feeding the muscle to build it and for it to show.

I have never eaten under 1600 calories. Infact to eat closer to 1600 calories, I have to really plan my meals else I am easily at 1800 which is my happy calories :)

I will give 1670 calories a day a shot with eating back the exercise calories as required for 2-3 weeks to see if I see some definition in muscle and lose some BF. If it doesnt work, I am right back to feeding my muscles with extra good calories and focusing my workout regime MORE on the strenght training part.

Thanks for all your feedback. It feels really good to see there are people who are there to guide you when you are uncertain and underconfident about your decisions :)

Size 2....I am SOOOO going to get you...I have been there and am striving to be back there. Size 8 to Size 2 ACHIEVABLE!!!!