Maintenance ?

Options
Anyone lose on low carb and get to maintenance yet?
Just wondering what adjustments you made? Did you strictly up the cals and keep carbs very low? Or up carbs too?

I have been keeping my carbs pretty low. Anywhere from 25-50 on a normal day and maybe a 85-100 day once every week or two.
I don't eat fruit or sweet potatoes now. (I mainly eat Paleo minus the fruit) SO I am thinking I will slowly add back in fruit and more sweet potato.

I still want to lose a few more but getting close enough to goal that I am thinking about maintenance!!! My plan may be to start adding a little more fruit gradually now as I plan to up my weight training. I am focusing less and less on pounds as a goal weight and more by how I look in the mirror, how my clothes fit and how I feel!! What a NICE change from the past !

Replies

• tjtemple
    tjtemple Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't have an answer, but would really like to know! I am about 10lbs away from goal now, and adding in a few carbs (i.e. brown rice and extra veggies).
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read I think you both have the right idea. Add back more carbs and calories in small increments and monitor how your body responds.
  • dancinmami
    Options
    i am new to my fitness plan and a 49 year young new grandmother. I have discovered that I also have a problem with grains and fats. If I keep both natural, I don't have tummy trouble. Mom shared a book with me that has some really good recipes and ideas for low glycemic index foods, using more than just white flour products. It's Glycemic Index Cooking Made Easy, Dr Jenny Brand-Miller, et.al. you might find it at local library