30's Daily - 4/20

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    Down 1.5 lbs this week. I'm pleased as punch since it was TOM this week :happy:

I'm also excited to try my new sneaks out, I'm thinking of braving the allergies and taking it outside for the full effect. But I'll probably wimp out and get on the treadmill instead :laugh:

TGIF!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    It's Friday, Friday . . . any Rebecca Black fans out there? :laugh:

Sooooo happy for the weekend to almost be here. Gym night for me. That means NROLFW and C25K. I should sleep like a baby tonight. Or cry like one . . . that remains to be seen.

Hubby and I ran some figures last night and updated our MFP goals. I'm now braving 1600 calories instead of 1240 - hoping I don't gain too much before I start to lose. I also reworked the percentages so I am now trying to get in 30% protein, 30% fat, and 40% carbs. Planned my Friday food diary last night and then decided to add a half cup of skim milk to my breakfast this morning. Now, wait for it . . . NSV!! I magically (and accidentally) managed to achieve the percentage trifecta! If I stick to my food plan for the day I will be right at my 30/30/40 with 1598 calories!! Seriously, I think I've lost all interest in watching the pounds go down on the scale and just want to do this thing right. That's good, isn't it? :wink:

On a side note, in anticipation of the arrival of my HRM I have created spreadsheets to automatically calculate the net calories burned during my workouts. Have I mentioned I'm a total Excel nerd? :tongue: I made a tab for female and a tab for male so the hubs and I can both use it (I'm pulling him into this with me little by little). He will succumb to my ways . . . MUWAH HA HA HA! :devil:
  • shorty313
    Options
    I keep an excel spreadsheet too to see my weekly averages :tongue:

I'm set at 40/30/30 too, but keep going over my carbs.

Good luck at 1600! I'm sticking to 1450 for now since it's working, but I think as I get closer I'll have to creep up. Just don't freak out and give it a few weeks!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yay Shorty nice loss! You are doing great!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I am having issue with my losing. Still trying to figure out what's right for me. I am sticking with what I am doing for a while to give it a chance to really work.

That is so great Susieq that you and your husband can do this together. My husband is really supportive and is working on himself too so that makes it so much easier. I think the well balanced meal is the best approach for most people so hopefully you have good results.

Let's bring in the weekend with good choices and a nice burn! : )
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    How gang, hope everybodies Friday is going well. I see a lot of very positive people in the group today. Must be that Friday feeling. Had a good day at work. I manage a fish farm and today was pond a splitting day. Once a pond gets two full you have to transfer some to another pond. So today i moved just over 2 tonnes of fish by hand. Was a heck of a work out as you can imagine. Heading to the gym later so today should be a good burning calories day.
  • susieq101178
    Options
    How gang, hope everybodies Friday is going well. I see a lot of very positive people in the group today. Must be that Friday feeling. Had a good day at work. I manage a fish farm and today was pond a splitting day. Once a pond gets two full you have to transfer some to another pond. So today i moved just over 2 tonnes of fish by hand. Was a heck of a work out as you can imagine. Heading to the gym later so today should be a good burning calories day.

I had no idea you'd do something like that by hand - impressive!!
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Well by hand i mean with a net. Not one fish at a time which would probably have driven me mad long ago. Most days offer the chance to burn a few calories but today was a good one. Nice burn but i'm not too tired to gym it later.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Well by hand i mean with a net. Not one fish at a time which would probably have driven me mad long ago. Most days offer the chance to burn a few calories but today was a good one. Nice burn but i'm not too tired to gym it later.
    [/quote]

wowza! how cool is that? impressed here.
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    Happy Friday! And Happy 4/20 if that's your thing. :)

Looks like everyone has had a pretty good week. Love the great attitudes in this group.

I'm on the hunt for a HRM, I want one that will just work with my IPhone. Hopefully I'll find that this weekend.

Mine was pretty decent too. I'm still in the hunt to find whats right for me as well. I'm trying to do 40/30/30 as well, most days are pretty good. Today probably won't be since I broke down and had starbucks. :) Oh well c'est la vie. I only have it once a week now so it's not so bad I guess.

I haven't had any sort of pop in 4 months, diet or otherwise! Not that I was a big soda drinker before but still I'd have a diet coke 2-3 times a week. I have actually cut out almost all artificial sweetner. It's one of my goals to make 80% of the food I eat non-processed. Summer is coming so it will be a little easier with the farmers markets and fresh local produce being available again.

My boyfriend is getting his wisdom teeth pulled today, so I'm seeing a weekend diet of soup and slurpees in my near future.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    happy friday, everyone!

i was supposed to go to yoga, but i ended up staying working out chapter 3 of my book. i'm probably about a third of the way through this chapter. it doesn't seem like it would take so long, but it really does! good thing i'm unemployed. there's always a bright side, right? but maybe if i actually do this, the stars could align, i could actually publish it and then it wouldnt matter if i'm unemployed or not, because i'll be crazy rich! ah...nothing wrong with a little friday daydreaming...

i'm off for a walk - not a whole lot, but better than nothing!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Paul, cool job! Once when I was a teen I volunteered to do a "herring heave" over a small dam. It's hard to catch those buggers, even with a net!

Amanda - I'm down to about 1-2 diet soda a month or so. I was JUST thinking of getting one when you posted, not I'm rethinking it! Ha! 4:20, haven't heard that since high school.

So I tried my run outdoors at lunch. Mostly a fail. Why is it SO much harder to run outside? I had to walk the middle 0.5 miles of my 3 mile run because of a side stitch again. My race is supposed to be next weekend! On the plus side, my new shoes felt like a dream! I've decided I've improved from a hate/hate relationship with running to a love/hate relationship - that's progress, right? :laugh:
  • PJYoung2012
    Options
    Just got back from the gym and refueling with a giant pear and some oatcakes. I managed to do 55 minutes of cardio and burn 825 calories which is as i've ever gone in the gym. Feel utterly drained though and have to go to work soon. My job is fine. I used to think it was cool but it's hard going some times and can be very stressful. But i get to work outside and see things like otters and kingfishers which is pretty cool.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Boy, I wish I hadn't heard 420 since high school! After living in Boulder, CO for 14 years I have to say I loathe 420. Don't care if its your thing, more power to ya, but man that stupid gathering nonsense up on the CU campus, random stoned people wandering into traffic, police everywhere stopping people. It took me an extra 20 minutes to drive 2 miles to get home last year!...okay, sorry getting off track :smile:

Sad to say I think I'm getting sick! My boss has been sick the last couple days and I'm starting to feel that general run down feeling. Hoping if i take it easy tonight it will pass and not throw me off for the weekend, we shall see.

Happy weekend everybody!
  • susieq101178
    Options
    Oi vei - I thought I'd be "smart" and set the treadmill to alternating inclines (1-1.5%) - Fat Burn setting, that way if I decide to take my C25K outdoors I would be more acclimated to terrain. Kicked. My. *kitten*. I didn't completely tank, but close. Still managed to run 7 of the 8 minute intervals, but had to zero out the incline toward the end.

1600 calorie thing is a difficult transition. I still have 605 calories of my planned diary left to eat and I'm not even hungry. :ohwell: Maybe I should split the difference . . . I dunno. We have a friend who is a competitive body builder - top 20 in the nation in his class actually, so he must be doing something right. I ran into him at the gym tonight. Thinking I will take him out for a cup of coffee and bend his ear on the state of my diet and exercise regimen.

Anywho - time for dinner. Whole grain spaghetti with shrimp, yellow peppers, and marinara. :happy:

Have great night all!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options

1600 calorie thing is a difficult transition. I still have 605 calories of my planned diary left to eat and I'm not even hungry. :ohwell: Maybe I should split the difference . . . I dunno. We have a friend who is a competitive body builder - top 20 in the nation in his class actually, so he must be doing something right. I ran into him at the gym tonight. Thinking I will take him out for a cup of coffee and bend his ear on the state of my diet and exercise regimen.

It's hard the first couple days, then you get used to it and you're actually hungry. You do need those calories, and you can do it! :)