recipes to share

Options
sueset
sueset Posts: 12 Member
Feel free to share your favorites

Replies

• skichick1968
    Options
    I do a lot of pre-cooking on the weekends making my busy life easier...especially breakfast with getting the kids out the door. My favorite is a high protein Fritatta.

Blend 2 eggs, 1/4 cup skim milk & 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, set aside.
    Saute in oven-proof pan with some olive oil, diced veggies of your choice, a total of about 2 cups. I do spinach, onion, tomato, zuccini & asparagus.
    Once veggies are done, pour egg mixture into pan and cover until top is set.
    Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and put under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.

I eat a quarter of this every morning for 4 mornings! 135 calories and packed with 11 grams of protein
  • mzbatson
    mzbatson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ham/turkey Ciabatta sandwich
    Number of servings: 1

Ingredients Calories/ Carbs/ Fat /Protein
    Walmart Great Value - Ciabatta Multi Grain Sandwich Roll, 1 roll 190 /35 /3/ 7
    Jennie-O - Mesquite Honey Smoked Turkey-Deli, 56 g or 2 oz 50/ 0/ 1/ 11
    Walmart - Deli Honey Ham, 1 oz. 30/ 1/ 1/ 5
    Sara Lee - Baby Swiss Cheese, 1 slices 43/ 0/ 4/ 3
    Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 2 slice, thin/small 5/ 1/ 0/ 0
    Marketside (Wal-Mart) - Arugula and Spinach Organic Mix, 0.25 cups 2/ 0/ 0/ 0
    Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 5 strips, sauteed 3/ 1/ 0/ 0
    Generic - Red Bell Pepper Sauteed**, 1 oz. 37/ 2/ 4/ 0
    Mustard French's - Classic Yellow Mustard, 3 tsp 0/ 0/ 0/ 0

Total per serving: 360/ 40/ 13/ 26

Yummy!!!!
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I often make a large batch of lentil soup on the weekend. Then, I have a cup or two for lunch and add whatever protein I have on hand: chicken breast, a can of tuna or salmon, chicken sausage.
  • whathaway
    whathaway Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of crockpot cooking so it is ready when I get home from work. this one is yummy, easy, convenient and light.

20oz pckg frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (you don't even have to defrost them!!)
    16oz fat free sour cream
    1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup
    1 pkg Onion Soup mix.

Put in the frozen chicken. Combine the other 3 ingredients & scoop it in. Cook in the crock on low for 7-8 hours.

The calories depend on how much chicken you eat (I weigh my portion). The sauce has very little. You can serve over noodles or brown rice if you like, there is plenty of sauce.
  • the1to1
    the1to1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Asparagus, Chicken and Penne Pasta

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/asparagus-chicken-and-penne-pasta/detail.aspx

Ingredients

1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
    2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
    3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
    Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until firm and lightly browned; remove from pan. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Cook and stir garlic, asparagus, and red pepper flakes in oil until asparagus is tender. Stir in chicken, and cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
    Toss pasta with chicken and asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 311 | Total Fat: 6.8g | Cholesterol: 29mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database