MS and Thyroid

Options
I have been on thyroid medicine for about 25 years. Mine is hypothyroid / Hashimoto's Disease.
So my question is for anyone else that is battling both diseases. How is your weight loss coming?

I just started Monday with trying to lose weight. I would hope for a BIG drop in weight this first week. But the stupid scale only shows 1.2 pounds down at this point. Not happy about that, but it is what it is. It's better than gaining.

Replies

• bhow4323
    bhow4323 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been on thyroid meds since 2001. I have hypothyroidism, too. I was diagnosed with MS in 2005.. I take Rebif for the MS. The problem I have is I lose a couple one week, and then gain it back the next, even though I am staying within my calories and exercising. It is discouraging, because I really want to get some wt off before my daughter's wedding in Oct.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroid since 2000 and MS since 2007.. Gained about twenty five pounds from Prednisone and Solumedrol from my relapse in September, was on the steroids for over six weeks..... Got serious about losing weight in February.... Lost the first twenty by end of March just counting calories.... Then I started exercising and stopped losing ... Only two pounds since end of March? But I think that is because I am not eating back calories like I should, so I am trying to do that as much as possible now.... But I do not exercise until after work so it's hard for me to eat them back as I also have hiatal hernia and GERD so I have to eat small meals and stop by 8 at night.. Afraid to eat assuming workout in case something happens and I can't get it in... But I do think it is harder with the thyroid issue as far as metabolism goes and I think it's tough as far as MS goes because if I overheat it slows me down....

Good luck and keep up the good fight!!!!