Anyone use any games to work out?

Options
I've been using Just Dance 3 and Fitness Coach on my PS3. It has really improved my fitness and I actually enjoy it. Does anyone else play any games to aid their fitness efforts?

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Dance Central! 1 and 2! Nothing else I've tried has been as fun.
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I bought a Kinect a few months ago. I got Dance Central 2 and Just Dance 3. Fruit Ninja came with it and is a great workout for my arms, haha.
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    I use EA Sports Active 2 on my PS3, it's helped my fitness levels improve hugely. I like how I can set it to use it with my weights rather than the resistance band, so I can get some good muscle toning. Haven't tried any others yet though.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Just dance 3 for wii
    Dance Central 2 for Kinect

Edited to say: I use a hrm when I work out so I can see how many cals I am burning and you burn a great amount with these games. Plus, they are fun!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    We use the Wii a lot in the winter, since it snows so much here outside activities are at a minimum and we live in an upstairs apartment, so unless the downstairs neighbors are ok with a herd of elephants jumping on their ceiling, we cant do much of the jumpy aerobics.

We do Wii fit of course, DD and i love to run together on there. We do the step and other games. The wii boxing will kick my butt, my arms and shoulders will hurt the next day. Same with canoeing on Wii Resort, but that's funny because it make a statisfying 'thonk' noise when you 'accidently' hit the other person with your paddle. I hurt from moving my arms canoeing and from laughing so hard.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I bought Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 for Xbox Kinect and it is freakin' awesome. It tracks your movements, has little dance workouts, mini games, kickboxing, arms, legs, and general aerobics. And you punch your calories when you're done. WHAPOW.

Just a note, I bought UFC Trainer for Xbox Kinect and returned it the next day, that game is so glitchy it's not even any fun to play, and Forrest Griffin congratulated me after every successfully connected punch (most of them the game didn't even read as a connected hit) and told me I burned 41 calories in 1m41s.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I use EA Sports Active 2 on my PS3, it's helped my fitness levels improve hugely. I like how I can set it to use it with my weights rather than the resistance band, so I can get some good muscle toning. Haven't tried any others yet though.
    This was KEY to my success. It kept me motivated and has lots of variety. The HRM it includes is generally pretty accurate, compared directly with my polar ft7.

I also have Fit in Six and it's tough for me.
  • Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have been having a lot of fun with Zumba and Just Dance 2 and 3. I even get my 5 year old nephew to do it with me, lol. I also use the Wii Fit on and off, though at the start of my weight loss I used it religiously for the aerobics and strength training it offers.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 1 (wanna get the others) and Zumba (LOVE!)
    I have golds gym also
    All for my wii, I also have a bikini zombie slashing game and the wii sports

its super fun =)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I love Kinect Adventures. Throw some weights and dancing in between games and rounds, maybe some running in place, I can really burn off some calories. My goofy avatar pic was taken by the Kinect during a game of Rallyball.
  • Iheartpsychosis
    Options
    I love Kinect Adventures. Throw some weights and dancing in between games and rounds, maybe some running in place, I can really burn off some calories. My goofy avatar pic was taken by the Kinect during a game of Rallyball.

Love it LOL.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Red Steel 2 on "athletic" mode, "ninja" difficulty, with wrist weights on >:D You really have to swing that Wiimote hard.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wii biggest loser.. it does make me sweat.. I would love to try jumba or what ever it is called, but everytime i think about it, I remember how much I REALLY hate dancing
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    As my friends will have noticed, DDR played a MAJOR part in my weight loss!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Just last night I played with Kinect for the first time ever. I freakn love Kinect Adventures. The game where youre jumping over and under and left to right on this platform as it spins along was so fun. I actually broke a sweat haha. I also played this starwars game where you played as the big thing that lives under Jaba the Hut's palace, and broke everything in Mos Eisley. That was more for fun, but I can only imagine how many more calories you can easily burn using Kinect!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Some times I do Dance Dance Revolution while holding weights. I don't know if anyone plays that anymore....
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Some times I do Dance Dance Revolution while holding weights. I don't know if anyone plays that anymore....

Still do, still on Expert level. Still burns around 800 cals per hour for a moderate session, plus still gets a big crowd, which is always fun! :D
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have UFC Trainer and Zumba Party for the Kinect, and I enjoy those. I'm going boot up UFC Trainer when I get home and punch the snot out of an imaginary bag as I've had a crappy day. I agree that it does have its glitches and it is annoying the way the trainers just keep saying the same stuff over and over again.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Mostly grindy turn based JPRG's while I'm doing walking around the local lake. Right now I'm playing Dragon Quest 6 for the DS and I have over 20 hours put into the game and I only play it while walking.
  • Iheartpsychosis
    Options
    Does anyone just play with their ps3? Seems everyone has wii or kinect lol. I know the ps3 has less variety when it comes to motion games, so wondering of some more great work outs for the ps3 lol.