These last 10 pounds are the worst

Options
I'm the proud mother of a happy and healthy 5 month old girl. I've lost all but 10 lbs of my pregnancy weight. I have never had such a hard time losing a small amount before. Are there any other new moms out there that can relate? Perhaps some moms with more knowledge of how to get a handle on this? Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new mom but I can definitely relate. I've been working on my last 10 since December. You have to be very meticulous with your calories, count everything and don't guess, get a food scale if you don't already have one. Cut back on any cheat days/meals if you are doing any.

I haven't been heeding this advice which is why I've only lost 4 of my last 10lbs ;)

Good luck.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new mom but I can definitely relate. I've been working on my last 10 since December. You have to be very meticulous with your calories, count everything and don't guess, get a food scale if you don't already have one. Cut back on any cheat days/meals if you are doing any.

I haven't been heeding this advice which is why I've only lost 4 of my last 10lbs ;)

Good luck.

Great advice. I also am not a new mom. I have had 8 children, though and I know how hard it is to lose those last baby pounds. You may find that you will be hanging on to a few of them and not ever lose them. Our bodies change as we get older and our circumstances change. The weight you were at before pregnancy may be just too light for you now. Go with how your clothes fit, how you look and (a biggie) how you feel about yourself.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new mom, but I am a mom of 2 boys. What does your exercise schedule look like?? I took a look at your diary throughout the week and it looks like you are getting a good amount of protein and veggies and dairy. Maybe if we knew what you do for exercise we could make a couple more suggestions?? :flowerforyou:
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Breast feeding actually inhibits losing the last few pounds b/c your body needs to be sure you have enough "extra" to produce food for your baby. It took 9 months to gain the pregnancy weight so give yourself at least 9 months to lose it.
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    my last ten pounds are Hard 2
  • alexzepp
    alexzepp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    not a new mom ...my 4 are teens and 20's - but sure as rain the last 10 are hard - and the last 5 brutal. Hang in there - and dont beat yourself up.