Pottermore is OPEN!

Options

Replies

• MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Gryffindor!!! Wand: Yew, phoenix feather core, 10 in rigid.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Finally in. I am SeerShadow6539.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Great! I think I'll start a thread to talk about wands specificially, too

DON'T FORGET TO GO TO THE OTHER THREAD TO CHAT ABOUT THE SORTING!!! :)
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well i'm in and having fun learning the back story and stuff...I just got sorted and am in...

GRIFFINDOR

Yeah!!!!

If anyone wants to freind me there I'm HeartUnicorn15208

Forgot to mention I was a Hatstall
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    This is driving me nuts, I've been trying to get into the forbidden corridor for AGES, I'm clicking on each of the spell letters when the circle is at its largest, but however many times I've done it, the last letter drops.

Did other people find this tough? Really can't see where I'm going wrong at all...

EDIT... I've just realised I can move on from the door, I was expecting it to swing open or something, perhaps I did unlock it after all?
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    This is driving me nuts, I've been trying to get into the forbidden corridor for AGES, I'm clicking on each of the spell letters when the circle is at its largest, but however many times I've done it, the last letter drops.

Did other people find this tough? Really can't see where I'm going wrong at all...

EDIT... I've just realised I can move on from the door, I was expecting it to swing open or something, perhaps I did unlock it after all?

At least you figured out to keep clicking the letter, me not so much took awhile and boy did I feel stupid.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options

At least you figured out to keep clicking the letter, me not so much took awhile and boy did I feel stupid.
    Wait till you try potion making... It would try the patience of a saint! :bigsmile:
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My username is SunOwl22798. Feel free to add me but I already added everyone who posted their username on here.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options

I'm actually pretty good with potions. I've brwed all but one of the ones we are allowed to brew.

Wait till you try potion making... It would try the patience of a saint! :bigsmile:
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    Okay I have a question...I have unlocked all of the signs at the top except the one to the left of Diagon Alley.

Anybody know what that one is and how to unlock it??
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Okay I have a question...I have unlocked all of the signs at the top except the one to the left of Diagon Alley.

It's been locked since the beginning. No one knows what it is yet, unfortunately.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options

It's been locked since the beginning. No one knows what it is yet, unfortunately.

Thanks just thought I would ask...on another note one of my friends on Pottoermore said that he heard that Book 2 will be up somtime next month...yeah!!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Thanks just thought I would ask...on another note one of my friends on Pottoermore said that he heard that Book 2 will be up somtime next month...yeah!!!

Cool! I haven't heard much about that, but I'll be excited if it happens that way! The Pottermore staff have changed their minds so many times already, it's hard to say. :)
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    I'm a beta user (Ravenclaw, what up) but I'm discovering that Pottermore is a little bit cooler now that it's open to the public. I'm finding more items (I'm not sure if I missed them or if they are newly added) and potions are trillions of times easier. Nobody wants to wait 85 minutes to brew Sleeping Draught. I'm DYING for Book 2 to open, as well as the shops in Diagon Alley. I'm also pretty curious about what's in Knockturn Alley. I finished Book 1 in like a day and a half.

DraconisThorn140.
  • BrnIdGirl
    Options
    I'm with you. I love brewing potions.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I'm a beta user (Ravenclaw, what up) but I'm discovering that Pottermore is a little bit cooler now that it's open to the public. I'm finding more items (I'm not sure if I missed them or if they are newly added) and potions are trillions of times easier. Nobody wants to wait 85 minutes to brew Sleeping Draught. I'm DYING for Book 2 to open, as well as the shops in Diagon Alley. I'm also pretty curious about what's in Knockturn Alley. I finished Book 1 in like a day and a half.

DraconisThorn140.

That's cool! It's been so long since I've been through it in the first place, I'm tempted to start from the beginning and see if there's new stuff now! Also, Ravenclaw beta represent! ;)

AsphodelJinx184
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just now exploring Pottermore with my hubby! This is fun and exciting :D
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    opps posted in the wrong one, removed and added to the correct one :embarassed:
  • Nekoashi
    Options
    btw, I'm PatronusSickle14300 if anyone wants to add me and be friends :flowerforyou:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Well I've thought about it, and I am choosing Gryffindor. Harry has words with Professor Dumbledore about the sorting hat, and Harry said he was only in Gryffindor because he asked to be there and Dumbledore replies with: “Exactly. Which makes you very different from Voldemort. It’s not our abilities that show what we truly are, Harry. It’s our choices.“

I hope no one hates me with my choice or reasoning :sad:

I totally understand being upset because you so totally believe yourself to be one House. It would be silly to be mad, but it strikes me that this quote applies EVEN MORE to you being sorted into Slytherin. Gryffindor and Slytherin abilities are similar, but you could choose not to follow the negative stereotypes.

I just think this is a very interesting conversation. I know lots of people got upset about their sorting, but I like to think even the sorting hat didn't get it perfectly every time (Dumbledore does say he thinks they sort too early). And our choices are what make our Houses good or bad for us. It's fun to play along, but it's also not a perfect system. I think it's VERY close to what a sorting would be like, but since it's a computer and not magic, there will be glitches.

In this situation, the most important thing is you're having fun, whatever that means to you.