My new discovery

Options
JanLeb
JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
I am sure many of you have had this before....but this is new for me. I found lettuce cups at the grocery store on the weekend and I am loving them!!! I bring my 'sandwich' filing with me to work and then stuff my lettuce cups with that. I never thought I would say this but I think I am enjoying them more than I ever did a sandwich with bread!! I am even thinking when my husband want tacos or something similar I would be able to have mine in them instead of the normal shells.

I am really starting to feel so much better. It has been a couple weeks since I have 'glutened' myself, either on purpose or by accident, and I am amazed at how much better I am feeling. I have even started getting up early to get out for a 30-40 minute walk before work. Now if I could just figure out what is causing the cramp in the bottom of my foot and calf when I walk I would be much happier.

Replies

• krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Where do you find these lettuce cups? My lettuce wraps always fall apart.
  • JanLeb
    Options
    I am in Canada - and I got them at the Superstore.

I have tried just using romain leaves but they never seem to stay together, but these ones hold together very well.
  • lej0213
    lej0213 Posts: 10
    Options
    i've been doing the same thing but instead of lettuce I use half of a green or red pepper.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Jealous...I want lettuce cups.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My favorite new discovery: Trader Joe's brown rice tortillas. I made a personal margerhita pizza out of one today.
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am so going to look for these!! Thanks for posting!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I want some lettuce cups too.. my wraps/unwiches are always a mess..:grumble:
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    These lettuce cups are THE best things I have ever found at Superstore - we eat them at night and make Asian chicken lettuce wraps, I use them for "sandwiches" and put tuna or chicken in them, I even use them as kind of a fake Vietnamese roll - with cold cooked shrimp, thinly sliced veggies and kind of a peanut/hoisin drizzle. YUM!
  • geezalawheez
    geezalawheez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen lettuce cups in the US, but if you like cabbage that might hold fillings better than lettuce. All I know is I've had burgers "protein style" at a few different restaurants and not enough lettuce has the potential to turn into a giant mess.
  • JanLeb
    Options
    I went to the Superstore on Saturday to buy some more of this wonderful things, to find they didn't have any. So I asked the produce employee and he informed me that it is not something they always carry. You can imagine my disappointment.
    I told him that is too bad, since I am gluten intolerant they are a wonderful find - so to my surprised he said he would order them in and start stocking them. He said if I am usually in on Saturdays he will make sure they arrive at the end of each week.

Now that is service :happy: