Paleo cakes

Options
mom2tek
mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
I'm looking for a really great Paleo cake for my son's birthday. Anything I've tried so far he's been ok with however my husbands over sensitive palate never likes any that I've made. If it's been tested and family approved in your family would you be willing to share it??

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/cameragirl/paleo/

I've not tried them all but there are loads of cake and dessert recipes on here. The cinnamon rolls are to die for.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    there's a carrot cake recipe in the back of the book Wheat Belly that is a family wide hit.... i'd post the recipe but my mom currently has the book so she can use it to make cupcakes for my wedding... but maybe if you googled it someone has posted it online?? She has adapted it for variety several times as well. About a month ago she just switched carrots for zucchini and made a zucchini cake for my step-dad's bday. It was to die for!
  • ChunkyChickn
    ChunkyChickn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Made this carrot cake for my Dad's birthday and it was fantastic. I've been dying to try some of her other stuff.

http://www.elanaspantry.com/carrot-cake/
  • mom2tek
    Options
    Thanks I'll have to try these out :)
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Why make a Paleo cake? Its still not healthy...If your going to "cheat" why not cheat with the real thing and then move on?
    I do cook alot of paleo deserts. But its bc I have a gluten and dairy allergy. But if its my childs birthday and the girl wants some cake then I would let her eat cake.
  • mom2tek
    Options
    Why make a Paleo cake? Its still not healthy...If your going to "cheat" why not cheat with the real thing and then move on?
    I do cook alot of paleo deserts. But its bc I have a gluten and dairy allergy. But if its my childs birthday and the girl wants some cake then I would let her eat cake.

I'm not looking for the "cheat" for myself. I really don't care for cakes. My son has a sensitivity to sugar and dyes. I want to be able to treat him to something for his birthday but I also want to try to keep it as low in sugar and gluten as much as possible... and dye free. I know that it's still not the healthy way to go by trying to make a Paleo cake but he is only 6 and yes a kid deserves a cake for his birthday. I'd also prefer to make only 1 cake that is somewhat healthier that the entire family would enjoy including my husband.