Teacher Appreciation

mdamrow
mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
I'm looking for some ideas for teacher appreciation week to spoil my son's daycare teachers with. It's a small center, about 8 to 10 staff members. Last year we gave flowers. Any ideas?

Replies

• katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    I'm looking for some ideas for teacher appreciation week to spoil my son's daycare teachers with. It's a small center, about 8 to 10 staff members. Last year we gave flowers. Any ideas?

I think flowers are great - especially if they are of the garden variety and can be planted at home! Director of my school did this for all staff a time or two...big luscious flowers (different colors) that we were allowed to pick one of our choice... Very sweet! Coffee cards always go over well with me personally, but if you're on a budget (who isn't, these days) what about baking a variety of treats to go with staff coffee? Fruit and veggie plates? I could go on...at one school, they threw us a BBQ during school hours - and the principal did the BBQing!

What teacher doesn't love a tangible expression of appreciation? Honestly though...I TREASURE the notes from parents (and sometimes my students) that tell me about the difference I've made in a life or in how a student views a particular subject (one parent took the time to come down to the resource room and share that his child - whom I had only worked with that year - had passed his state reading test for the first time, EVER.) Can't put a price tag on that...
  • Summerlove1993
    Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Do you have time to do anything with photos like make a collage?

Are you a good writer? When my daughter graduated from Pre-K, I wrote an appreciation poem. I wrote a line for each teacher describing what made each of them special.

I enjoy flowers, but it is nice to have something that the teachers could save and/or mount on the wall for everyone to see. They framed my poem, and it still hangs on the preschool wall. My daughter is 14. :happy:
  • I love home made treats, stationary, special pens/pencils, containers decorated with my name, decorated picture frames, etc. Stuff that teachers can use are things that I love!