Drinking calories vs. no social life

Options
MNmuncher
MNmuncher Posts: 20 Member
Hey all! I went to college in WI. Which is sometimes known for its drinking habits. I still travel back to college almost every month because I still have friends there. Any ideas on how to not drink your calories? Beer makes me sick, I like wine and other hard liquor but most of them pack at least 100-300 calories a serving :( I know that drinking "on the rocks" is a good alternative.
Other suggestions? Issues?

Replies

• itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in grad school now, and I can definitely say this is easier said than done! Here is a great guide a friend sent me:

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

I think this is more helpful for beer, but they've got some liquor listings too!

Keep in mind: these calorie counts are based on 12 ounces, so make sure to divide by 12 for liquor to find the calories for one shot. Also keep an eye on your bartender's pour, since most drinks end up with more than one shot's worth :)

Example: Captain Morgan = 688 cal/12 oz = 57.33 cal per shot

vs. Jager = 1236/12 oz = 103 cal per shot

I also think you could alternate ordering non-alcoholic drinks (like water, soda/tonic water, diet coke) to help cut down on calories

Edit to add: On the site, if you sort by "Calorie to Alcohol Ratio", you can see where you'll get the best bang for your buck :)
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    smoke pot instead :)
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I drink plenty of my own before going to the bar (we're known for our pre-drinks) cause then I can have vodka with water and crystal light. Which is not very high in calories.

By the time I get to the bar, I only get one super calorific drink :)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options

it has no calories...just watch out for the munchies. :smokin:
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Rum or whiskey and diet coke isn't too bad. Way better than the vodka cranberries i was drinking. Also...shots. haha
  • tayblay1
    tayblay1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I drink plenty of my own before going to the bar (we're known for our pre-drinks) cause then I can have vodka with water and crystal light. Which is not very high in calories.

By the time I get to the bar, I only get one super calorific drink :)

My friends and I bring the crystal light packets along with us! Order a vodka water and mix it up yourself, it's not the best tasting, but it's lower in calories...once you figure out how much of the mix to use they really don't taste that bad!
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I graduate in a week and made it through college with a completely acceptable social life without drinking!
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    vodka water lime :)
  • MissAlyss256
    Options
    Diet cran juice and bacardi limon.... Is delicious :)
  • ttxqiu
    ttxqiu Posts: 27
    Options
    I have a very active social life, and I don't drink more than three beers once a week. If you're drinking a lot often enough to warrant worrying about GAINING WEIGHT from drinking, you might have a problem.

The other solution is to just party it up as much as you want and work out more afterwards. Also, remember that if you're dancing, you burn calories, too. Just make sure you're actually busting a move instead of bobbing your head to the music while sipping your drink.
  • kcarroll1131
    Options

Hell yeah!
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    vodka (whatever flavor you feel like!) with zero calorie sparkling ice water by talking rain.