Choosing friends by pic or does that matter

How many of you choose your new pals by a picture in our Seniors Losing Weight or does that matter to you? I personally like to see a pic.Its hard to imagine what a personality is like without a face. What are your choices?

Replies

• 2successs
    2successs Posts: 7 Member
    Reading what someone has written and maybe reading between the lines helps me. Pictures, with a great smile, also tells a lot.

Take you, for instance, with or without a picture, your words are positive and you talk to others easily. Seeing that picture of yours the other day with that big smile spoke a lot as well.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    I choose my friends based on similar goals or interests. Pics are nice, but not necessary.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    I seldom initiate a friend request unless I see something in a post that we have in common. However I will accept anyone who asks me. I "unfriended" one person who hadn't logged in for 2 weeks and who was only 20 yrs old so not much in common.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    I pretty much accept anyone you asks me. If I don't like some things they post, I just remove them from my news feed but not my friends list. I respond to people who are mostly simalar goal wise or age wise and ask them to me by friend. I have been very lucky so far in that all my friends are encouraging and nice. I really don't pay much attention to the pictures but I do love to see pictures of the people I friend.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 312 Member
    I usually look for something we have in common. It might be age, geography, goals or interests.
  • bnewperson
    bnewperson Posts: 29 Member
    I'm curious, what brought this question to mind?
  • miltonp50
    miltonp50 Posts: 22 Member
    I don't think about the picture. I start with a person posting something that interests me, then I look at the profile info. If it sounds like we have some common goals or concerns I friend them. I they don't post a picture - no big deal. But, if they don't post any goals, etc I don't bother. I also friend someone when I see they're friends with someone I'm already friends with.
  • jlynwhet
    jlynwhet Posts: 38 Member
    Pics are nice so I can match a face with a user name, but certainly not necessary. I lean toward people with similar interests but will "friend" any who ask me. I gain momentum and encouragement from "friends" and I hope some gain from my posts to them.
  • I'm curious, what brought this question to mind?

There just seems to be so may pals online without pics. Just curious thats all.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,719 Member
    I choose friends based on common interests, location or maybe I read something they posted that made me giggle. A picture really has nothing to do with it.