Options

Replies

• ready2losenow4me
    ready2losenow4me Posts: 17 Member
    Options
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    What's up? Jacob here. Holding it down in Medford but grew up in Humboldt CA and have lived in Portland (as well as Houston, Chicago and Lakeview, OR).

I'm a fan of hiking, mountain/road biking, running and generally living healthy. Working on losing some extra weight and stepping it up this winter to do so.
    Hey Jacob! Welcome to the group!!

Sorry, I have just started posting again. I was busy with Thanksgiving stuff lol
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Livin' in Tigard (SW Portland burb) x 1 year now. Don't mind the rain, but love the sun (originally from the Southwest-have moved back and forth between Portland area and Southwest in recent years.) The best advice I received about adjusting to the rain was from my fiance' (now husband of 15 years!): If you have something that needs doing outside and it's raining, just go do it anyway - don't let it stop you.

Found Groups yesterday and decided to join y'all.
    That is so true, don't let it stop you. My youngest little boy was trying to run through a parking lot with me when it was really raining last year. I told him, we don't run to get out of the rain, we are Oregonians. :P

Welcome!!! I went to Jr High in Tigard, Fowler :)
  • BestCindyICanBe
    BestCindyICanBe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Cindy and I live in Keizer (just north of Salem). My mom was raised in Mosier (a little town in the gorge), met my dad when he was stationed in Portland, I was born on an Air Force Base in Mississippi. We moved back to Oregon when my dad retired when I was 12. I have now lived in Oregon 33 years. Having been around most of the US I love Oregon and wouldn't live any where else. I love that I am 1 hour from the beach and 1 hour from the mountains. We love to go camping and hiking. My kids go out and play in the rain unless it is pouring. I am happy to have found this group.
  • Susan0816
    Susan0816 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was born and raised in Portland (David Douglas area) and have lived in Wilsonville the past 18 years. Met my husband our freshman year of high school (fought for 4 years) then followed him around the world for 20 years while he was in the military. Oregon the only place to live!

I enjoying reading where everyone is from.

Is this your main link?

Susan
  • laeylyn
    laeylyn Posts: 15
    Options
    Greetings from SE Portland. I'm excited to start this new journey in my life. :smile:
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Greetings from SE Portland. I'm excited to start this new journey in my life. :smile:

Welcome!
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Hi, I was born and raised in Portland (David Douglas area) and have lived in Wilsonville the past 18 years. Met my husband our freshman year of high school (fought for 4 years) then followed him around the world for 20 years while he was in the military. Oregon the only place to live!

I enjoying reading where everyone is from.

Is this your main link?

Susan

Yep, I guess this is the main one. But if you have any specific questions feel free to start new threads! Welcome!
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Cindy and I live in Keizer (just north of Salem). My mom was raised in Mosier (a little town in the gorge), met my dad when he was stationed in Portland, I was born on an Air Force Base in Mississippi. We moved back to Oregon when my dad retired when I was 12. I have now lived in Oregon 33 years. Having been around most of the US I love Oregon and wouldn't live any where else. I love that I am 1 hour from the beach and 1 hour from the mountains. We love to go camping and hiking. My kids go out and play in the rain unless it is pouring. I am happy to have found this group.

Awesome glad to have ya!

Funny how many people have lived all over but prefer Oregon. I am from Wisconsin and I wouldn't go back for ANYTHING! lol I hate their weather, its the worst!
  • Seraffyn
    Seraffyn Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I just joined this group - my first group on MFP! I live in SW Portland in the Maplewood neighborhood near Multnomah Village. I am excited to connect with other people trying to get fit. I like to hike, bicycle, and ride my motorcycle. Perhaps someone will want to get together for some fun outdoor activity this Spring/Summer!
  • dbOregon
    dbOregon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Newberg - a transplant from 7400 feet elevation- Palmer Lake, Colorado (2 yrs ago).
  • kmq1111
    kmq1111 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Geron. I'm from Springfield. I love the valley; especially this time of year when warm, sunny days like today feel like such a blessing.

I'm originally from Fairbanks, Alaska, but I don't think I'll ever move away from Oregon.

Anyways, I'm relatively new to MFP. I've been on for about five weeks now. I'm hoping it will provide some clarity and support in my efforts to understand my own habits and body and get to a weight and size I feel comfortable in.

Edit: Feel free to add me, if you'd like. I'm always open to new friends.
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Looks like I got in late on the message board! But I'm from Albany, lived in Ashland for some years then lived out of the US..... and now I'm freshly back in Albany. :-P

feel free to add me!
  • bookworm1983
    Options
    Great to see some fellow Oregonians on here! I just joined MFP a few days ago and am very excited to start acheiving my goal of getting fit. I am on week three of the Couch to 5 K program, and so far that is the only exersize I'm doing. I want to add in more though. I am from Eugene/Springfield! Feel free to add me! :)
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi! my name is Brenda. I have been on MFP since 1/6/2012 - my new year's resolution has gone longer than ever before and I plan on it going all the way this time. I have about 140 lbs. to loose - currently have lost 41 - that means less than 100 to go - woo hoo! I have 5 children and 1 husband - 6 kids all together lol! I live in Roseburg - are there any other burgians out there?? Just glad to have online friends to cheer me on.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello from Eugene! Long time MFPer, been here since 2009! At this point I'm just trying to tone and clean up my eating habits. I'm into running, free weights and hoop dance. Feel free to add me. ;)
  • DannyC001
    DannyC001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Signed up for MFP with sync to my Fitbit today. From NW Portland and looking to join other motivated Oregonians on being fit and healthy!
  • lotfisgirl
    lotfisgirl Posts: 5
    Options
    Lots of people from the Eugene/Corvalis area....I live in the Tigard area and am always looking for new peeps to share the journey with.....feel free to add me. 43 yr old female who works way to much. Between dragonboating and work not much time for a social life.
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love this beautiful/frustrating state! I'm in Canby... just a crazy Oregonian here.

I'm glad there's a group for us. :happy:
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I live in the Estacada/Sandy area, about 20 miles outside of Portland :D