WEEK #4 - All Teams (ENTHUSIASTS, CHALLENGERS, OLYMPIANS)

Options
This is the new thread for Week #4 - for ALL the teams. Sorry I've been MIA a few days this week - I am not feeling well... :frown:

So even tho we are now all on one thread (here), you will still use your separate "tabs" for exercise challenges on the blog, it's just that we've had several people drop from the competition and I think that one thread will not get "out of control" for us all. In the beginning I said that we would not "win" as teams - but as individuals - I just made us into teams because there were so many people in this challenge I needed some help to keep stats on all of you.

This week I want you all to go out and buy 3 post cards. At the beginning, I said that the winner each month would receive a post card (via the US mail) from all of us and the end of April is fast approaching. I will announce the winner of April by May 2 and want you all to have your post cards ready to go. (The other 2 post cards are for the end of May and end of June).

One last thing - please remember that there are only 6 days worth of exercise challenges - you MUST take one rest day sometime through the week. If we notice that you have given yourself exercise points for 7 days - we will contact you and have you correct it. Please do not put anything except numbers in the spaces on the spreadsheet - it messes up the formulas that I have entered there. If you are not participating in a walking challenge - just enter 0 for your mileage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.....

Replies

• carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is the new thread for Week #4 - for ALL the teams. Sorry I've been MIA a few days this week - I am not feeling well... :frown:

So even tho we are now all on one thread (here), you will still use your separate "tabs" for exercise challenges on the blog, it's just that we've had several people drop from the competition and I think that one thread will not get "out of control" for us all. In the beginning I said that we would not "win" as teams - but as individuals - I just made us into teams because there were so many people in this challenge I needed some help to keep stats on all of you.

This week I want you all to go out and buy 3 post cards. At the beginning, I said that the winner each month would receive a post card (via the US mail) from all of us and the end of April is fast approaching. I will announce the winner of April by May 2 and want you all to have your post cards ready to go. (The other 2 post cards are for the end of May and end of June).

One last thing - please remember that there are only 6 days worth of exercise challenges - you MUST take one rest day sometime through the week. If we notice that you have given yourself exercise points for 7 days - we will contact you and have you correct it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.....
    I am sorry to see you are unwell. I hope things turn around health wise for you soon.
    Last week ended with me gaining a pound. I was upset but not too surprised since even though I did the work I ate salty food and I should be seeing TOM anytime now. This week will prob go the same because of TOM but I am going to continue to work hard.
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    Is it normal that I don't who who or what TOM is?
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

Hi Cath!! Long time no talk to!! Hehe. TOM stands for "time of month".........
  • carriel1976
    carriel1976 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Its time of month

I picked it up on here lol
  • gklangdon
    gklangdon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing_Grace, sorry to hear you're feeling unwell. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    We are all BUSY with life and jobs and kids, and the list goes on and on - yet somewhere we find time to exercise :happy:
    and I am no different. I work two jobs - one of which is my own business - and going into this challenge I knew that this would be alot of work and that I would probably not do all of the exercises myself every single day - but I need the extra "push" that this challenge gives all of us. I have no intention of "quitting", but just needed to be honest with all of you.

So, having said all of that - If anyone is interested in helping me out with some areas of this challenge, please let me know. One of our Team Captains has had to drop out, and I just cannot do this all by myself.

I'd like to have 2 people.....

1 person would post the weekly exercise challenges to the blog. At this point we are pretty much doing the same exercises - I'm just trying to mix them up a bit. If anyone has any new exercises that they know of - please let me know!!

1 person would help to compile points from the Team YaYa spreadsheet each week and post them to a master spreadsheet where I am tracking everybody's cumulative points for the entire 13 weeks.

Please send me a private message if you have any questions, or are interested.

Thanks!
    Teresa
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    We are all BUSY with life and jobs and kids, and the list goes on and on - yet somewhere we find time to exercise :happy:
    and I am no different. I work two jobs - one of which is my own business - and going into this challenge I knew that this would be alot of work and that I would probably not do all of the exercises myself every single day - but I need the extra "push" that this challenge gives all of us. I have no intention of "quitting", but just needed to be honest with all of you.

So, having said all of that - If anyone is interested in helping me out with some areas of this challenge, please let me know. One of our Team Captains has had to drop out, and I just cannot do this all by myself.

I'd like to have 2 people.....

1 person would post the weekly exercise challenges to the blog. At this point we are pretty much doing the same exercises - I'm just trying to mix them up a bit. If anyone has any new exercises that they know of - please let me know!!

1 person would help to compile points from the Team YaYa spreadsheet each week and post them to a master spreadsheet where I am tracking everybody's cumulative points for the entire 13 weeks.

Please send me a private message if you have any questions, or are interested.

Thanks!
    Teresa

Hi Teresa,

I'm sorry...I jumped the gun yesterday b/c I was feeling so bad. I don't want to drop out! I'll still be here to help you. I sent you an e-mail but I guess you haven't gotten it yet. Sorry, i was so quick to want out. I will stick it out thru thick n thin!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options

Hi Teresa,

I'm sorry...I jumped the gun yesterday b/c I was feeling so bad. I don't want to drop out! I'll still be here to help you. I sent you an e-mail but I guess you haven't gotten it yet. Sorry, i was so quick to want out. I will stick it out thru thick n thin!!

Oh!! I'm SOOOO glad!! I felt so bad that I didn't know how to encourage you yesterday. But anyways - I'm so glad you have decided to stay. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU!!

I've not been feeling very good for a few days now.... so I haven't been able to do the exercise challenges for this week. I think at this point I'm going to have to leave them (from last week) and we will just have to repeate Week #3.

I'm soooo sorry to have to do this to you guys... but it's been all I can do today to sit at this table and do the little bit of work on this challenge that I have today..... right now I'm going back to bed. :ohwell:
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just take care of yourself and feel better soon! You are doing plenty for this challenge and we appreciate all your time and effort!!

Life got a bit crazy last week and I didn't get to the challenge exercises. but I logged lots of miles running, walking, and riding!

Personally I'm glad we're repeating week 3's exercises for week 4 since I missed them :)

Can I still do some today to get some exercises points for week 3?

3 weeks into this challenge and I'm down 4 lbs!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Just take care of yourself and feel better soon! You are doing plenty for this challenge and we appreciate all your time and effort!!

Life got a bit crazy last week and I didn't get to the challenge exercises. but I logged lots of miles running, walking, and riding!

Personally I'm glad we're repeating week 3's exercises for week 4 since I missed them :)

Can I still do some today to get some exercises points for week 3?

3 weeks into this challenge and I'm down 4 lbs!!

Yes, you can catch up - BUT ONLY TODAY! After today, you CANNOT catch up any exercise challenges from last week.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon! Seems like a lot of people had a hard time this last week, myself included!

But I am ready to finish out this month strong!

Have a wonderful week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options
    Okay Team YaYa...I'm transferring data from our weekly spreadsheet to the Captain's spreadsheet and IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED YOUR DATA ON THE WEEKLY SPREADSHEET DO IT NOW!!! Tomorrow is the deadline for having your information on the spreadsheet. After that, I will have transferred it to the Captain's spreadsheet and you will not get full credit for all your hard work! So, get those numbers posted. And if you have not posted your weight, the deadline is TODAY at the latest! DO IT NOW!

Please...it's really important to keep this information up to date, so that when I transfer it, you get proper credit for having completed the full week...you want that don't you? YES!!! I know you do...so listen up. You have until tomorrow.

Thanks!!

You all are doing a great job on your mileage...I am SO impressed!!
  • TheGreatYaYa
    Options
    One more thing that would be really helpful. If you miss a day, please get in the habit of putting zeros in the space, so I know that you missed that day and it's not that you haven't filled it out yet. Thanks!

Your captain YaYa
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    I have alot of blanks on the Team Amazing Grace spreadsheet as well. PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR WEEK #3 SPREADSHEET ASAP AS WE ARE GOING TO TAKE IT DOWN TOMORROW!!

If you are going to "drop" from the challenge, could you please send myself of your team captain a private message letting us know. It's not a big deal - I just don't want to delete someone and then find out 2 weeks later that they were only on vacation!! :blushing:

Also, I know I have told some of you this - but I'm still getting questions, so I don't think that everybody knows.....

if you GAIN weight on a given week - you must deduct 1 point per pound of weight that you GAIN. So on the spreadsheet you will put a negative number. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE AND I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP!
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Teresa: I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Take care and know that we ALL really appreciate everything you are doing for us:love:

Under calories: YES....yeah! Finally, a good day. (no wine...which helps a lot!)

Water: 12 glasses

Walking challenge: RAN 3 miles!

Look forward to doing the same challenge exercises this week. They are good ones, Teresa!

I intend to have a better week this week, and, hopefully, lose back the weight I gained the past week:grumble: Kackie:heart:
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Teresa. I hope you start to feel better as you rest tonight. I do like that we are all in one thread. What ever makes this easier on you is great for me. We really are all in this together. As far as the exercise goes, no problem at all :-)

Week 4
    Sunday
    Exercise Challenge - Rest Day
    Water today - 12
    Under Calories - yes
    I walked 0 miles towards the evening walk challenge.

I had a wonderful day! Church was awesome! Then a beautiful walk with a friend and our dogs. The sun shining on the lake and woods. Great times with friends as we were all outside saying WOOHOOOO sunshine in the PNW!!!! We have sun one more day then back to rain :-)
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    Week 4 Sunday

Exercise challenge- No
    Water-8cups
    Under calorie goal-Yes
    Walking challenge-2.09
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    One thread for all, and repeating Week 3 exercises makes good sense to me! I'm sorry you are not feeling well again, Teresa!

Week 4
    Sunday
    Exercise Challenge - Rest Day
    Water today -9
    Under Calories - yes
    Miles walked - 1
    Calories burned today: 55 - thank goodness it was *supposed* to be a rest day!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling week Teresa, hope you're up and at 'em 110% soon :)

No worries with the exercises, it will be a second chance to really master them! I've stumbled across a few exercises that I've been enjoying trying, I'll shoot them your way via PM

Not going to lie, I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who had trouble this past week. It was TOM and my heart just wasnt in it like it needed to be. Did miles and some exercises, but def didn't track food like I needed to and didn't keep up with the spreadsheet or threads at all :blushing:

But alas, it's a new week. A week for success! Let's do this ladies! All for one (thread), and one for all!!!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

exercises: made up Saturday's
    water: 12 cups
    under cals: yes!
    running: ran 4 miles with B210K

Today is going to be rough. I have to teach a full day, then have an after school meeting, then lead an ice cream social at school this evening. Not looking forward to it.