Weekend eating

Is anyone else struggling to stay on track on the weekends?? I have truly struggled. I know this is why I'm not losing the weight like others. Any strategies or great advice because I sure could use it. I am starting phase 2 tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kelli

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I sometimes go off track on the weekends too, esp yesterday because we had a b-day party and we were away from home most of the day, which was unexpected.

If you can, try to have your food diary filled out in advance each morning and that can help you keep on track.
  • I honestly hate weekends... :) I have a routine on the week days.. and it always seems to get thrown off on the weekends. My job involves me being out of the house all day on saturday, and my mom and daughter always come with me- so we end up eating lunch out.. I make good decisions.. but it's still not my routine... hang in there! Filling out your diary in advance definitely helps me for sure! Just try to make the best decisions on what you have.. (maybe bringing a snack along with you can help too!) good luck!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    What helps me is starting the day well. I know that sounds sort of silly, but I have a protein shake after my workouts and before work every day. On Saturday, I keep the same routine, doing my cardio workout in the morning and then having my shake. Starting my day well, helps me stay on point. I try to follow a similar eating schedule (if I want a morning snack, I have one; I try to have a similar lunch as during the week). If we have somewhere to go, I either a) eat before I go, b) bring a healthy snack (e.g., banana, granola bar, apple, etc.), and/or c) make a plan for what I will eat before we go. This helps me manage my overall calorie amounts. In addition, if I know we're going out to eat, I plan accordinlgy the day before as well as earlier that day (e.g., eat less calories). So far, that's helped. I have gone out to eat at least once every weekend.

As an aside, I also do not follow Jillian's diet. I find healthy foods that I like and those that I can incorporate into my days more easily. This keeps me feeling satisfied and not needing to go nuts on the weekends (which, in the past, when I was on a strict diet, I struggled terribly with).

Hope that helps!
  • samurphy23
    samurphy23 Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks for posting this! This is definitely me and it's frustrating,

I tried much harder this weekend and actually filled out my tracker and made better choices knowing I was going to enter it in mfp then in weekends past. Although I know I need to work hard to flush the sodium out from not eating at home, I don't feel as down on myself or bloated as I typically do on Mondays. I work really hard during the week and do so well and then the weekend comes, I go bananas gain a pound or so and work all week to get it back off. I am hoping by utilizing the tracker more this last week and adding a better variety into my meals will show positive results on the scale and be the encouragement I need to keep doing better.

Keep up the great work everyone - we are worth it!!