Welcome

Options

Replies

• vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy. I'm 27 and live in CT. I've been single for a little over a year (after a very long term relationship). I like running, krav maga, gaming, shooting, photography, and cake decorating. I've been on MFP for about a year and have lost almost 80 lbs during my weight loss journey! Currently training for a half marathon in June :-).
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. First of all, thanks for making this group. It's nice to have support, when you don't have it at home. I have no one to tell me not to buy those donuts. lol. I'm 24 years old, currently living in Las Vegas, but moving to Texas in 4 weeks. I'm originally from Texas and can't wait to go back. After basic training I was in the best shape of my life, but it's been down hill from there. Not too far, I gained 12 pounds and would like to get in better shape then I was then. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon, but first I have to get off the treadmill and get outside. Since spring is here and the weather is nice, I'm looking forward to it. I'm currently going to school for accounting. I'm about 30 credits shy of my Bachelors and can't wait until i'm finished, so I can start all over with my Masters. lol. I have 8 pounds left until I reach my goal weight of 135. At that point, I'll re-evaluate if I'm happy or want to keep going. Well, It's great to meet you all and good luck.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Love this group! I am Lee-Ann. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma.I joined MFP 75 days ago today! woo hoo! what a great journey it's been already. I am already on my way to being the best shape of my life- I have caught the running bug. I love to do so many things I can't name them all. Most of my information is on my profile but if there is something you want to know just ask. I would hope people think I am a great support and motivator so add me if you would like. Nothing will stop me from meeting my weight loss/health goals. Lets do this together. xx:flowerforyou:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'm new :)

I'm Chris. Long term single guy now. I live on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Thought I'd join this group to see what's going on with the other single on MFP.

Hobbies:
    powerlifting
    mma
    cooking (specifically healthifying typically unhealthy stuff :smile:)
    going to the beach
    hiking
    unicycling
    watching rugby league
    travel (only been to SE Asia so far, Japan numerous times. Off to Hawaii & the US next month!)

Interests:
    nutrition
    physiotherapy & rehab stuff
    Japanese
    Marvel comics (yeah, geek!)

That's all I can think of at the moment :happy:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I'm new :)

I'm Chris. Long term single guy now. I live on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Thought I'd join this group to see what's going on with the other single on MFP.

Hobbies:
    powerlifting
    mma
    cooking (specifically healthifying typically unhealthy stuff :smile:)
    going to the beach
    hiking
    unicycling
    watching rugby league
    travel (only been to SE Asia so far, Japan numerous times. Off to Hawaii & the US next month!)

Interests:
    nutrition
    physiotherapy & rehab stuff
    Japanese
    Marvel comics (yeah, geek!)

That's all I can think of at the moment :happy:

Dude! How could you forget frisbee! We loves the frisbee!
  • The_Carrie
    The_Carrie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    New to the group, thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Carrie, from Minnesota - looking to get back into the dating world when I drop a few pounds and feel more amazing about myself than I already do!
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sarah from California. I've been single since November.
  • caroljae
    caroljae Posts: 10
    Options
    Just introducing myself! Carol from Arkansas - I've been in MFP for about 2 months and single for over 6 years. Feel free to add me for support! I need it and love looking at everyone's food diary for ideas....

*cheers*
  • NomadicKris
    NomadicKris Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi Everyone :) Thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Kris and I live on the mid north coast of NSW, Australia. I have two small kids and by the end of this month I will be officially divorced. Life doesn't always turn out how you thought it would - but at the same time it's nice to know you don't always know what the future holds.

I am studying Community Development and love learning about the world and new ways to do things. I am fairly new to MFP but loving getting into getting fit again and encouraged by the great response my body is having to healthy eating and exercise.

Look forward to getting to know some of you :)

Kris.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi Kris, Carol, Sarah and Carrie - Welcome :flowerforyou:

Make yourself at home :happy:
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Brittany and I live in Mississippi. I've been single for over 2 years now. Feel free to add me!
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi , I'm Tracy and I just joined this group! Hope its still open to new members?
  • amy_letsgo
    amy_letsgo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Amy I am a 38 single mother - I'm from Pittsburgh! Today was my 25th day on MFP! I lost 12 lbs so far! Yay!!! Always looking for new friends and support through this weight loss journey!! Add me !
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, Tracy and Brittany. Welcome, jump right in :flowerforyou:
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello Im 49, single and ready to mingle my pics are on my profile page. I live in Catonsville Maryland. I'm here to maintain my current weight which is not always easy to do. My favorite workouts are spinning and boot camp classes.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Autumn...I am 5'2" and 37yrs old....I am a Single mom to a 3yr old little boy...His father passed away a year ago & I have been single for about 2yrs now....I lived in Louisville, KY most of my life but last year my son & I moved to LaGrange, KY for a change of scenery & to start over...I have been struggling with my weight for about 2yrs now & want to change myself for the better. I am trying to lose about 30lbs more right now & I am also lifting weights & that is my new passion. I am glad to have found this group to get to meet people that I have something in common with. Some of my best friends are here on MFP, this is a great site & if it weren't for all of the support I get on here I wouldn't have made it this far...I would love to find some more MFP friends from this group as well!! :heart:
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am Julie (Jul for short). Recently single and trying to just stay fit and in shape. I am 5'-6" and 30 years old. Basically, I am not your typical female (you can probably see from my profile pic) and love riding and racing dirt bikes and love playing softball and volleyball. I live in Massachusetts, but might be relocating to Connecticut if I get a new job I have applied for. Really like this site and just need to keep motivated to actually use it all the time.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello to all,

I am Sara, and I am a short red head! Single for about six months but still on good (ish) terms with the ex!
    I am on MFP because a couple of years ago I go fit and lost a load of weight and I was chuffed. Like many, I have put some of it back on and that happened when I stopped logging the food. Now I need to get back to logging and some sensible exercise and hopefully slowly and safely I will lose the weight again.

Feel free to add me if you want to give and receive support through this journey!

All the best everyone
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!

My name is Veronica & I'm 28 & single!

i live in Calgary, Ab, Canada but i find that the male attention & support I get online are super helpful & fullfilling :bigsmile:

I cherish & love the support of my female friends but when you've been struggling with your weight your whole life it really means something special to have a male tell you look beautiful :wink:

of course if you're in my area or willing to travel i would also love to hear from you :flowerforyou:
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    hello mfp friends. my name is Armando . 32 single im 6'7 299 down from 435 +- . any ways nice to meet you all . feel free add me . im friendly and dont bite .