4HB Stall

Options
thriftycupl
thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
I started 4HB approximately 4 months ago and with MFP about 1-1/2 months ago. I've also added a FITBIT device that will tie in the exercise to MFP.

Since starting 4HB I've lost approximately 28 pounds and am looking to lose approximately 72 more. As you can see, I have plenty to lose, but for whatever reason, my weight loss the past month has been slow if at all. I'm starting to get frustrated with the weight loss stall. I feel better with the weight I've lost, but the results were keeping me motivated to continue and the results seem to be stalled.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    are you getting your 30grams of protein within the firs 30mins of waking up? still doing your cheat days? are you eating nuts? need more details to help......
  • thriftycupl
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person, so no, not getting 30g of protein within first 30 minutes (and I don't like eggs). I am doing cheat days and have even extended cheat time to 2 days to try and get the body jump started. No nuts anymore -- I ate so many of them, I wasn't sure they were helping. Can you eat too many nuts?
  • thriftycupl
    Options
    Is it important to watch the total number of calories taken in or rely more on the protein eaten?
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    you can for sure eat too many nuts, i bet cutting back on the fat will help! for breakfast maybe try a protein shake until you get used to eating in the morning. Tim says you dont have you watch your calories I tend to just out of habit. protein eaten is the most important especially for breakfast
  • Fr0styb0y
    Fr0styb0y Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree, the breakfast part is mondo important.

I believe, like in the book, that if you are stalling then you have strayed too far from the core diet. I did the EXACT SAME THING. I had two days off diet and missed my breakfast from time to time and ate too many nuts (still a problem for me).

I stalled out.

So what I did was stopped the diet completely and took 3 months off. Remarkably I didn't put all my weight back on! So, inspired to get in good shape, which I wasnt in yet, I jumped back on the diet. Its week two and I've already lost around 8 pounds.

Maybe take a break and then come back to the diet and obey the diet to the T.

-Peter
  • thriftycupl
    Options
    I've started drinking a protein shake and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese within 30 minutes of waking. I've found this gives me plenty of energy, but honestly, it's not that easy. Breakfast is jus tnot something I choose to eat. The shake seems to work.