Starting on the 23rd

Options
Leigh_b
Leigh_b Posts: 556 Member
Anyone else starting on the 23rd? I've had the videos for a while but was waiting to start until after I completed a 1/2 marathon I had signed up to do on the 14th and wanted to give my legs a week to rest... I'm not doing the quick start program, just jumping in with workout 1 and the 90 day schedule. Also, I do not plan to do the Cardio videos exclusively. Actually, hope to do most of my cardio in the form of running but rainy days are impossible to avoid so will use the videos on the days that I can't get outside.

Replies

• melibun98
    melibun98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 23rd also, with the Kickstart and am gonna try to follow the meal plan for the whole program. I haven't worked out in a while and am so ready to get started and get back into shape!
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to restart tomorrow, My leg has been feeling better and I want to give it a go! So I will be joining you in on the fun!
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm glad I have a few buddies for this... I was worried I'd be going it alone!
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm only a week ahead of you!! Feel free to add me if any of you would like! No one is ever really alone on mfp :smile:
  • candyrayne215
    candyrayne215 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    starting tomorrow also formally. i popped in cardio 1 today to get that out way and try it. not bad. been doin 30 day shred zumba and kettleworx
    program seems great, just gotta get dumbbells only have kettlebell.
    good luck i need friends
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started on the 21st because I need Friday to be my rest day, but I would love some buddies to hang out with as I go through level one.
  • jstiely
    jstiely Posts: 7
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 today so I'll be your buddies. :wink: I am doing the Jumpstart so I did Workout 1 and Cardio 1 today. Both not too bad (I workout regularly already) but I was sweating! I did follow the meal plan but I did add in a few calories because it just seems to low with the working out too. Good luck everyone!
  • jap6955
    jap6955 Posts: 12
    Options
    I started today. Just did cardio 1. I am a little frightened to say it wasn't bad at all since I don't know what is to come. Will do workout 1 tonight. I do not eat meat or dairy so it is hard for me to follow the meal plan. I am staying at 1200 calories and eliminating bread and fruit this week so we will see. 117 days till our wedding :) Can't wait to see all of our progress.
  • haasgirl
    haasgirl Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm starting this evening. Not sure if i'm going to do the jumpstart or not. I have looked at the meal plan but I'm not going to follow it i'm just going to use MFP.
  • julsinfinite
    Options
    Yes, I just started yesterday, April 22nd! I'd like to join ya'll! Add me as a friend!

I start my workouts on Sundays and end on Saturdays with a Rest Day. I just finished the second day today. I am super elated over this because its so energizing a workout. There are so many more people in there now, and they have good rapport, and I love the music. Days 1 and Day 2 today was fantastic! I really love the variety. I'm also currently doing the 7-Day Kickstart. Its a complete turnaround from my past eat whatever life. I am enjoying shopping, preparing and executing these recipes more than I thought.

I do not have that much weight to lose, and I am more of a yo-yo dieter recycling the same 20 pounds for the past years. I am a victim of emotional eating and a stressful lifestyle and am seeking to end this once and for all. I've done her 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 with success but I have reached a plateau. I am looking forward to Body Revolution to turn this around for me.

If you are interested in following my journey, I have created a blog which I will be posting to daily describing how I prepare the meals (I will attempt to cook right out of her Fat Burning Meal Plan book and will be following her 7-Day Kickstart as well), and detailing my progress with the entire 90 days of workouts.

Here is my blog-
    http://julsinfinite.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you there! I love encouraging others and hope to inspire you towards your goals as your inspire me!

juls
  • haasgirl
    Options
    Okay so I did Workout 1 and Cardio 1 had a heart rate monitor on and it said for the hour worked I only burned 225 calories. This seems low. I have a Garmin 405CX but no foot pod. Anyone have any ideas?
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    On my heart rate monitor it told me I did 400 for each half hour. I am scared my HRM is too generous.
  • haasgirl
    Options
    I think I'm going to try wear it again when I do the same thing and see what happens. I'm gonig to give myself 400 cals for the total hour. Thanks for your reply
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Day 1 down... 89 more to go!!! :happy:
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    hassgirl and azwaa,

I don't trust calorie numbers on my HRM (I have a Garmin 405CX too) but found an equation that can be used to calculate your burn based on your average heart rate for the workout time. I will post it below, but if you are decent with excel you can set it up so that you enter your ahr and minutes of activity and it will calculate your burn - this is what I've done. If you would rather just message me with your personal email address I can send it to you already set up to go...

This is the equation:

(0.074 x age in years - 0.05741 x weight in pounds + 0.4472 x average heart rate - 20.4022) x time elapsed / 4.184.
  • jap6955
    jap6955 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good evening! I did cardio 1 this am and according to my hrm polar f6 i burned 202 cal. I did workout this evening and burned 161 cal. I am 33 years old 5 ft 3 inches and bounce around 130 lbs if that helps anyone. All in all I feel good. The workouts were tough without being impossible which keeps me motivated.
  • trishpsl
    trishpsl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 of the Kickstart today as well. I did both phase 1 and cardio today. Phase 1 seemed very easy, did you find that as well? Cardio was tough but not too bad. I will only be able to do the kickstart workout through Thursday because i have to go out of town but once I am back I will jump into the 90 day program. Good luck everyone!
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Did day one yesterday, On to day 2 today. My HRM said I did 255 calories burned for the cardio and 215 for the level one. Now keep in mind, I'm still sort of nursing an injured leg, so tried to take it easy with certain exercises. Mine has always been pretty right on, I do have a polar f6 as well, I'm 43, 5'5 and around 135lbs..
  • haasgirl
    Options
    Thanks LeighB. I'm going to try that out and see what happens. It was the first time I used it indoors. Outside when I'm running it seems to do fine. I'm a bit lower than my friends but they are using iPhone aps so I'm thinking for outdoor I will trust it but for indoor I will use your formula as the Garmin give you your average hr.

Just tried your formula and it said 383 which makes a lot more sense than 225. I was working hard.
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Day 2 down... feeling pretty good. Because I had been training for a 1/2 marathon I have not done much strength training over the past 5 weeks... and before that it was still fairly minimal... and I'm feeling it a little bit today. Nothing like the first time I did 30 Day Shred so am appreciating the fact that Jillian is easing us into this...

I am planning on going to the gym tonight and spend some time on the elliptical... it won't be more than 30 minutes since that's all I can do before my feet fall asleep but every little bit counts...

Tomorrow will be a running day for me (4 miles) unless it is raining and then I will do the cardio video... right now the forecast says it will be clear but cold and I'm OK with cold.