Dukan Newbie!

Options
mrsmerrithew
mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
Hi everyone! After reading through a few posts and seeing the success some others have had, I decided to check this out.

The Dukan diet totally seems doable to me, but I just have a few questions.

Are protein shakes allowed? I realize the basic guidelines to the attack phase - protein, and only protein. But what about a protein shake? The ones I use are the EAS Carb advantage, and after looking at the label, I noticed they have 0 sugars and 3g of Carbs. Is this acceptable or is the idea absolutely NO carbs?

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• mrsmerrithew
    Options
    Also, where would I find Oat Bran at Walmart? I've never noticed it, however I've never looked.

And do you take a multi-vitamin? Would taking a multi-vitamin have any effect on the success of this diet?
  • BrieBailey
    BrieBailey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am by no means an expert but I would say no to protein shakes. His book specifically says if it isn't listed it is an automatic no no. Also, the book says you can take a multi vitamin if you want to!

I hope that helps! I am in day 2 of the attack phase and am trying to stay motivated! Let me know hoe you do!
  • mrsmerrithew
    Options
    Hello!

I am by no means an expert but I would say no to protein shakes. His book specifically says if it isn't listed it is an automatic no no. Also, the book says you can take a multi vitamin if you want to!

I hope that helps! I am in day 2 of the attack phase and am trying to stay motivated! Let me know hoe you do!

Thanks a ton! I haven't read the book, I've just gathered info via the interwebs, lol.
  • golfergirl4eva
    Options
    Hi!

This is a great Lifestyle. I started the Dukan Diet on 8-4-11 and am currently in the 2nd half of the Consolidation Stage. IT WORKS! I would advice that you buy the book!!! It is a lifesafer!!! Did you caluculate you TW online???
  • mrsmerrithew
    Options
    Hi!

This is a great Lifestyle. I started the Dukan Diet on 8-4-11 and am currently in the 2nd half of the Consolidation Stage. IT WORKS! I would advice that you buy the book!!! It is a lifesafer!!! Did you caluculate you TW online???

Yes, I did calculate my TW online. I will definitely look into the book! Thanks a lot! :o)
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had trouble finding the Oat Bran in WalMart. I was told it should be in the aisle with the cereal. I ended up ordering mine off of Amazon.com for really cheap.
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am in week 2 of the cruise phase. I found that it took me a little while to get into the swing of it after the attack phase, but I have struck a groove, and things are feeling good! I guess it was tricky with last week being the week leading up to my period...lots of cravings and a few cheats. I am clean and being good this week! I am enjoying the diet, and seeing progress!

Best of luck to everyone! The book is really good to have :D

S
  • xstarriexeyezx
    xstarriexeyezx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you have kindle or the kindle app you can download the book pretty quick there. Also I find the book a little outdated and was already using protein shakes and I have been continuing to use mine and I am still seeing results (lost half a stone in my first attack phase which lasted four days) so to be honest you could try it and see how it works for you :)
    goodluck!
    xx
  • mamaro76
    mamaro76 Posts: 10
    Options
    The oat bran at walmart is in the organic area with the gluten free stuff. It's made by red mill