The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread

Options

Replies

• mtm77
    mtm77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you! & Welcome to all the new peeps as well :)
  • lindastefanini
    Options
    Hi, I'm linda. I live in the great NW, Renton, but grew up in Everett, spent about 30 years in Seattle. I like to Scuba Dive. Any other NW divers out there?
  • nicolynn33
    nicolynn33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Nikki. I have lived in this area my whole life. I recently moved from the Kirkland Area and I am now in Lynnwood.
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    In the Salem area, soon to transplant to central Washington :)
  • sarahu8226
    Options
    I am Sarah, and I was born, raised and still living in Snohomish. :) Only moved about 8 miles from my childhood home!
  • jeswoo
    jeswoo Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I'm Jessica :) I am in the Puyallup area and just started MFP today.
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! I just moved to Duvall, wa from redmond...been in WA for a year from sunny florida! feel free to pm me! :) Im registered for the Amica 1/2 marathon in seattle Nov 25, may also do the 10k in october.

Almost done with insanity first round, & will probably do 30 day shred workouts during my training for my first half :)

Also signed up for spartan sprint June 16th!! here is a link for the deal ($59) please use my link if you can, just click on it after being logged into living social to lead you to the right page :)

Feel free to add me! :)

Oh may also join crunch gym in bellevue, they are having a great offer right now for 10 bucks or 20 bucks a month no contract :P still up in the air though! :)
  • MoominFit
    MoominFit Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, folks:

A PNW native here (born in Oregon), but with long stretches in Texas and Oregon before my return to the Seattle region (Federal Way). Mom of three young ones, part-time professor/administrator, and trying to lose the weight I gained in pregnancy. Grew up a "skinny" kid who could eat anything. Then obsessed about my "weight" in college and grad school (yikes! what was I thinking? I was still skinny!). Now just want to be toned & healthy, want to start running again, want to be able to do more than 10 push ups. Only about 20 lb to lose ideally, but I don't feel as strong as I should be.

With my little ones & job, I probably won't post much, but I'll check in now & then. Good luck to all of you with your varying life/fitness goals!

-- Andrea
  • shan_0517
    shan_0517 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome Andrea! I live in Oregon, moved to Port orchard Washington in the late 90's and back to Oregon around 2000! I love it in Oregon! Ive been on MFP for about 45 days.. Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other. Anyone can add me :) Good luck!
  • TaraDawn85
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Tara, currently residing in Portland. Been on MFP for almost 2 weeks, and still trying to get in the habit of using it! But I'm tired of being the fat girl, Im ready for a change!! Feel free to add me, Im looking for all kinds of motivation and support. Lets do this together! Happy loosing! :)
  • Fireiris
    Fireiris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live in Tacoma and work at SEA TAC. Absolutely LOVE the PNW, rain and coffee. I have had to cut way back on the fancy, rich creamy coffees that you can get on just about every street corner though!

MFP has really helped with the weight loss. The phone app is great for keeping up on journaling food. :heart:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I live in Tacoma and work at SEA TAC. Absolutely LOVE the PNW, rain and coffee. I have had to cut way back on the fancy, rich creamy coffees that you can get on just about every street corner though!

MFP has really helped with the weight loss. The phone app is great for keeping up on journaling food. :heart:

Wow - that's quite a commute! I live in T-Town too and wouldn't want to drive that every day...

Glad you found MFP; it's a great community in addition to a great tool!
  • Iwannabealoser
    Options
    Hi all! I'm in the Willamette Valley, and I've been on MFP for a while on my phone, but I don't check in as much as I should, so I thought if I finally got on my computer and joined the community to gain some friends and motivation, maybe I can finally make this work for me! :)
  • lotfisgirl
    lotfisgirl Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello all, born and raised in Portland, OR. Love it here and don't think I could ever move away from the NW. Always looking for new pals to share the journey with.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    hello.... 45 min nw of portland in rainier oregon.. next to longvew wa
  • LEMcGowen
    LEMcGowen Posts: 8
    Options
    Arlington Wa here
  • nil8r
    nil8r Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a new member straight outta Capitol Hill (Seattle, that is). I grew up in Longview, WA and lived in Portland, but Seattle is my home for many years now.

Feel free to send a friend invite my way!
  • chantelmeow
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Chantel and I'm in Seattle :)
  • lolosensan
    lolosensan Posts: 251
    Options
    PORTLAND! I'm starting a group for walk-jogs on the waterfront. This will be a non-judgmental, any-pace-is-better-than-the-couch type of deal. Everyone will meet, then start out at a nice walking pace, kick it up to a lax-jog, then people can do their own pace. we could meet back up for some orange slices or something when everyone's done. nothing too formal, although I do kinda want to make some t-shirts...would be cool to have a little team, right? hoping I can get some interest! I'm thinking about opening this up to craigslist and then it might just pop off! any takers?
  • EssJayShores
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sarah and I live in Bend :)