Got My Date

Options
soupy218
soupy218 Posts: 6 Member
Hi All
I have been trying to lose weight most of my life and at 47 topping the scales at 260 I have finally decided to get banded. I will start my pre op diet Saturday the 28th and my surgery date is May 8th I am excited and scared at the same time. I know that I can do this I just need to have help and the band should be my answer! would love any advice or meal ideas from those that have gone before me.:smile::smile:

Replies

• Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Do track your food on here, and when you're recovered, don't let yourself start eating bad foods again. It's so hard to climb back on the horse. Better to stay on in the first place!

After you recover from surgery and before you get your first fill, you're going to be very hungry. Expect it and be ready to just grin and bear it. It's temporary.

My problem is carbs. The more I eat, the more I crave. If you're like me, just stay away from having too many carbs or bad carbs (candy, cookies, etc.). I eat healthy meals (at least as good as I can manage) that I fix for the whole family. There's not much I can't eat, though I do occasionally get stuck.

We're here to help!
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It is a life style change and it is challenging but you can do it. Do not expect to it all to go fast and smooth. At some point the weight loss slows but it still comes off. You will do great.
  • sorchagriannon
    Options
    Congrats!
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Best wishes! It is worth every up and down. Do follow your doctors instructions and recommendation to give yourself the best possible success!!! Blessing, Lisa
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Follow your surgeon's instructions to the letter. Don't listen to anyone on here and don't let anyone on this site tell you that you need to do anything any different than what your surgeon told you. He went to school for this, they didn't. If you listen only to your surgeon, you can't go wrong. Eat and do exactly what he tells you to do. Wishing you well.
  • soupy218
    Options
    thank you I do post my food here and have been eating healthy for 2 years without much success so I know I can stick to a diet I figured I would be hungry and carbs are not good for me as well I tend to crave them if I do eat them so will try and stay away as well. What is a typical menu for you if you don't mind me asking.
  • puttingmyselfoutthere
    Options
    I got my date too! I am having surgery on May 9th.. I start my liquids on Monday!
  • soupy218
    Options
    Congrats on your date!