4 / 23 JM 90 D B R FOR NEW BEGINNERS

Options
MamaJess
MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
I am starting mine journey with JM on the 23 of April. I am using this program for a 12 week challenge that I am doing along with the Couch to 5 K running program. Would love company and other newbies to keep me company on my journey so we can keep eachother motivated and encouraged on the good days and especially the rough ones where we don't even want to get out of bed! LOL!! Who's with me? :wink:

Replies

• hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi! I am planning to start this tomorrow too!!! I am just going straight into the program and not doing the kickstart. What about you?
  • kcaskin
    kcaskin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have already prepared my meals for the kickstart week, so I don't have to worry about it. The exercise part is easy for me, because I love it! I am going to make my meals ahead every week to make it easier. I have two little ones,6 and 3 and they keep me very busy and this way I can just grab it and warm it up. Is anyone else doing the kickstart plan, or following her meal plan? I do a lot of cardio already, so will continue with doing that and using her cardio DVD for rainy days or to just switch it up.
  • kcaskin
    Options
    Completed Phase one, disc 1 this morning....I need to get 8 pound weights to make it a little more challenging...but, still a great workout..I have to do the workouts first thing in the am....before the kidos wake me up :) Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • clbruckner
    Options
    Starting today as well. Excited for my first workout, not starting with the kickstart. I am a vegetarian, so I will not be following her diet plan but will be tracking calories and eating clean.

GOOD LUCK
  • kcaskin
    Options
    Is anyone keeping track of their measurements? I measured myself this morning and will measure again after phase one.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Day 1 week 1 done.
  • Kristin6608
    Kristin6608 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started today. I tried once before and got very ill so I thought I would just start over.

@MamaJess - I was also thinking of incorporating C25K. How are you doing it? I was thinking of just doing C25k on cardio days and if I had any extra motivation then double up running with the strength days.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I always welcome new friends!
    Kristin
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good morning !!!!

I am on day4.... Well till now I can see difference on my body already ...My muscles remembered their shape... But... I gained 2 kilos which means 4.4 lbs... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ask why, really I don't have idea. According to a little search that I did this is good?!?!?!? Because it means that my muscles respond very quickly and they want as soon as possible to reshape. This weight it is such water.
    I won't say that I am not a little disappointed. I would love to minus those 4.4 lbs, but I have another 86 days to go!!!!

Does anyone else faces the same thing???

....sorry for my English, it isn't my mother language....
  • studswife
    studswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm kind of new too. I started 3 days ago and would love to tag along with everyone!

I too have felt a difference as well. I have Jillians other DVD's and love them! This is the first time I have actually taken the before photos that are nicely tucked away in my camera under, far under my bed.

I already noticed that the weighs are a little to light. So I think I'll need to get some 8 pounders.

Anyways, Nice to meet everyone and I hope we all enjoy this journey!
  • hiitrocks
    hiitrocks Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi there can I join? I am on day three so I have done workout 1, workout 2 and cardio 1 all once. I am not a beginner to exercise so the first few workouts I didn't feel really challenged despite doing the advanced moves. I did get a good sweat on. The cardio today started off pretty easy but found it more challenging towards the end, particularly the last circuit. I am looking forward to perfecting my form in these first weeks and then it getting harder. I am hoping to really work on my strength in this program. I have done a lot of Jillian already (Shred, ripped, Killer buns and thighs, 6 week six pack, extreme shed and shred and yoga) and I really like her style of workout.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    I started today. I tried once before and got very ill so I thought I would just start over.

@MamaJess - I was also thinking of incorporating C25K. How are you doing it? I was thinking of just doing C25k on cardio days and if I had any extra motivation then double up running with the strength days.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I always welcome new friends!
    Kristin
    I do my 90 DBR as scheduled and I do my Cto 5K 3 x a week just like you are supposed to. Pretty much I am doing 2 programs the way you are supposed to do them I am just doing them together. Its a great calorie burn and it motivates me to keep pushing harder and doing more. I can't wait to step on the scale and reweigh and measure again because I sure am feeling stronger already. Good luck to ya
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Hi there can I join? I am on day three so I have done workout 1, workout 2 and cardio 1 all once. I am not a beginner to exercise so the first few workouts I didn't feel really challenged despite doing the advanced moves. I did get a good sweat on. The cardio today started off pretty easy but found it more challenging towards the end, particularly the last circuit. I am looking forward to perfecting my form in these first weeks and then it getting harder. I am hoping to really work on my strength in this program. I have done a lot of Jillian already (Shred, ripped, Killer buns and thighs, 6 week six pack, extreme shed and shred and yoga) and I really like her style of workout.
    The more the merrier. Anyone is welcome. The more help and motivation we all have that much better our success will be. WELCOME
  • pashalia
    Options
    Good morning ,

Day5 for me, workout2 is done and now I just have cardio for the noon.
    Hor r u doing??? Do u feel any sore??? The first 3 day I couldn't move, today I am do much better!!! What about u??
  • JulieBFit4Life
    Options
    I also started JMBR on Monday, 4/23. I am following the kickstart program too. On Monday I was at 155, this morning I was at 151.4. I really hope to be at 149 after this week and NOT gain it when carbs are reintroduced. My 5 year wedding anniversary is the beginning of July (the end of week 11) and I really want to lose 15-20 lbs before then. The more the better. :) I'm glad I found you ladies to share this experience with!
  • MamaJess
    Options
    +Good jobto everyone. No matter where you are you are doing awesome! Keep up the great work
  • kcaskin
    Options
    Phase 1, Week 1, is done,,,except for cardio tomorrow. :) It's great to see everyone's progress!!
  • pashalia
    Options
    Day 6 forme done!! I cannot believe... Only 11 weeks left!!!
  • skinny_genes23
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I started this week and I'm new to MFP. Can't believe how quickly week 1 has flown by! Definitely feel a little soreness, but not the omg I can't even breathe kind (which is normally what happens when I dive into a new workout program - overzealously trying to make up for being lazy). This program is challenging, but totally do-able. Feeling stronger and more energetic already! Keep up the great work everyone!
  • pashalia
    Options
    First week is done!!!

Do u have any results to post???
  • kcaskin
    Options
    I have lost 5lbs in the first week.... I call this water weight :). Anything above 5, I count as a "real" pound lost. I'm just happy the scale moved!