Have you moved your body today?

Options
damuchi429
damuchi429 Posts: 33 Member
Ok today is day one and I want to know what type of exercise you did today. I did 30 minutes of aerobics low impact because of the boot on my leg. I modified it so that I did not have to put weight on my foot. I also did lots of floor work which made me sweat alot. Hopefully I will only have to wear it for three more weeks and I can get back to my walks and eventually jog.

Replies

• th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    I walked the dog this morning and then chased my little boy around the yard for about 130 cals burned.... planning on going to the gym this afternoon for another 45 mins...
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I've done nothing, but I just had a baby niece this afternoon so I'm planning on spending my evening at the hospital!!!! Yay! I will get up in the morning and workout.
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Uh oh... My diary is open... Today is certainly not my idea of a Day One. I'll flip in the exercise this evening... but man... I totally blew any idea of restraint or low carb today.. I would love to blame my stress and anxiety today with a two hour yelling session they like to call a meeting... But I will take ownership myself. I blew it.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    An hour of strength training at the gym, 3 walks with the dog. My Fitbit says that I have 6974 steps at 5:30. Looks like I'll be out an around the block quite a bit this evening to make my 10K goal steps for the day.
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    due to meetings at work, I did not get to my Zumba class, but I did walk 1.5 miles in 20 min this evening and I walked up six flights of stairs. I may end up playing Dance Central on the Kinect tonight to get a little more exercise in. I'll also have to get up early to work out tomorrow due to another hectic work schedule.

My current work out schedule is 45min / day. 5-6 days a week. I would like to start upping that to 1.5 hrs / day, 6 days a week. I am not going to let myself make excuses. So I'll put this in writing...if I can't make my scheduled Zumba class due to work meeting conflicts, then I have to get up and work out in the morning, or when I get home from work! :happy:

edit: My FitBit says I've gone 9066 steps today and 10 flights of stairs. My current goal is 10-12,000 steps per day. I want that to be 15,000 steps per day by the end of next week.
  • FireSwan
    Options
    Uh oh... My diary is open... Today is certainly not my idea of a Day One. I'll flip in the exercise this evening... but man... I totally blew any idea of restraint or low carb today.. I would love to blame my stress and anxiety today with a two hour yelling session they like to call a meeting... But I will take ownership myself. I blew it.

it's okay, we all blow it once in a while. Just don't let it ruin your whole day...eat right the rest of the day and try and work off those extra carbs. Taking ownership is a good thing!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I did 40 minutes on the stationary bike on Tuesday.

Today is water aerobics and water jogging.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I did UBWO (upper body workout) today - lifting with free weights - and 35 mins on the treadmill this morning at the gym.

Fitbit says 5252 steps so far and 13 floors - my goal is 10,000 steps and 20 floors - so I guess I better go walk the stairs on my breaks, LOL....
  • damuchi429
    Options
    I really don't feel like doing any exercise today but then again I don't feel like being overwieght for too much longer either. SO which one will it be? do a workout or stay overweight? Descisions, descisions, descisions.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    damuchi- I can so relate! Some days I just can't fathom wanting to move. Maybe a simple walk would be a good way to start.
  • damuchi429
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement JCP. I did manage to pull myself out of bed and a 45 minute dvd. I love walking and was up to 10 miles every other day until last Friday when I decidedto try and jog which I did for about four blocks. However I injured my achilles tendon doing so and now I have a boot on my leg. So I have to do excercise dvds and motify the movement because of the boot. But I refuse to give up,
  • FireSwan
    Options
    I really don't feel like doing any exercise today but then again I don't feel like being overwieght for too much longer either. SO which one will it be? do a workout or stay overweight? Descisions, descisions, descisions.

I hear ya, Damuchi. I did NOT want to get up an work out this morning, but I knew I wasn't going to get my lunch workout...so I had to get up and get moving. I just told myself 15 min then I'll do another work out later. But once I got started I went ahead and did 30 min and I felt so much better. Sometimes the hardest thing about working out is just starting it. Tell yourself, you'll do 5 min, then as you're exercising, add another 5 min...then before you know it you'll have talked yourself into 20 - 30 min! yay

I'm hoping to do a 30 min step class after work today as well....again, it's the motivation to actually get to the gym (or turn on my xbox and play a kinect game)

Don't give up!

--side note -- I just saw your message about the boot, I had to wear a boot for about 4 weeks then wear it while working out for another 2 weeks. I still did Zumba wearing the boot the entire time. (people thought I was crazy) I knew how far I could push my injury and when to ease up. I just did the modified moves, but KEPT MOVING. that's the key. I'm so glad I did. Because not working out would have really set me back (I gain weight really easily) Here's a picture of me Zumba'ing in the boot...

C950863B-9EB4-82B2-9554-461EA13C381C_profile_125_square.jpg
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Just got back from the gym - 40 minutes on the treadmill, hill profile and 50 each of front, left, and right ab crunches on the ab coaster for a total of 150 crunches. I feel super D duper! Tonight is the rescheduled UBWO with hubby, since we weren't able to get it done this morning....
  • FireSwan
    Options
    Didn't get up this morning to do the 30 day shred, so grabbed a couple of co-workers and we did 30DS during lunch today. It felt soooo good! I'll do another work out this evening, probably the Kinect Your Fitness Evolved...I'm addicted to it. So far today, I'm a little low on steps: 4142 and 3 flights of stairs. Gotta get to at least 10,000 steps today and I hope to get to 10 flights of stairs.
  • FireSwan
    Options
    Didn't get quite to 10000 steps - 7900, but I did get 20 flights of stairs! Yay
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Didn't get quite to 10000 steps - 7900, but I did get 20 flights of stairs! Yay

Awesome, you doubled your goal on stairs! Sweet!
  • FireSwan
    Options
    Yeah, I couldn't believe it...it only took about 10min to do 20 flights...up & 20 flights down. My legs are pretty sore though! :)
  • Resalyn
    Options
    UBWO strength training with hubby this morning, and lunch-time cardio consisted of 40 mins on treadmill, 100 crunches on Ab Coaster, and 15 mins on recumbent bike. Pretty nice burn. Hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon, because I can tell ya, the scale just ain't budging, period.....
  • FireSwan
    Options
    UBWO strength training with hubby this morning, and lunch-time cardio consisted of 40 mins on treadmill, 100 crunches on Ab Coaster, and 15 mins on recumbent bike. Pretty nice burn. Hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon, because I can tell ya, the scale just ain't budging, period.....

Great workout...the ab coaster sounds evil! Don't let the scale discourage you, all of your efforts will pay off in the long run especially cardiovascularly. I haven't seen the scale budge in a month, but I know I'm healthier - I feel better and I have more stamina. The scale will eventually submit!
  • damuchi429
    Options
    I managed to do 45 minutes of aerobic exercise along with an hour of cleaning and moving furniture. SO I guess I am back in this for real.