April 24 - Week 1 Day 1 - How did everyone do

Options
For those that started C25K today how did you do.

I didn't do well. I didn't run for all 60 seconds at a time. Heres to hoping tomorrow will be a better day. Do you think that its important to take a day off in between or can it just be any three days in the week. Good luck to everyone else. Lets keep going!

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I did all right, but would've liked to do better. I started out with some serious shin splinting (that went away after a couple rounds of stretching in between) and ended with hip pain I couldn't even jog on anymore. I finished, though! Here's hoping Thursday's better.
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did great! Probably mostly due to excitement lol. Immediately after I did a one hour personal training session and I made it through that too!

I'm sure next week is going to be rough though....

Great job everyone!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I did W4D1 yesterday. run 3 mins, walk 2.5, run 5 mins, walk 3, run 3, walk 2.5, run 5. I was so proud of myself at 250lbs to be able to do that!

I think it is a good idea to take a break and only do it every other day, especially if you have a tendancy like me to push myself really hard and then burn out.

Next week I am working nights 6:30pm-8am and so I'm hoping that with Sophie on her bike and the triplets on their scooters that I will be able to take them along with me. I have no other childcare but this is so important to me that I am even considering hiring a sitter just for that 30 mins every other day!

Well done you guys who started yesterday. xx
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    It. Was. Awesome. I was so proud of myself. I ended up moving my workout INSIDE because it was storming at our house. Day 1 was a 5 minute warm up, intervals of 60 seconds running, then 90 seconds walking, for a total of 20 minutes, followed by the 5 minute cool down. I walked at 3.2 mph on the treadmill, and ran at 4.9! In 30 minutes, I completed 1.89 miles! I felt comfortable, I never had to stop early, or slow down, and I could breathe! I honestly (can’t believe I am saying this) can’t wait to go running tonight. #****INSTOKED!!!

Sadly, my little Harley dog didn't get to run with me last night. She is excited for our run tomorrow though!!!
  • Nicolem78
    Options
    I am on W2D2 and just sore from the last workout but trying to stay with it.

Did anyone sign up for a 5K race yet for when you will be done with training?
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am on W2D2 and just sore from the last workout but trying to stay with it.

Did anyone sign up for a 5K race yet for when you will be done with training?

I did! I signed me, my step daughter, and one of our dogs up for The Color Run in Cincinnati!!!
  • Nicolem78
    Options
    I also signed up for the Color Run in Boston area, I can't wait. It looks so fun!!!

I am about to start Week three, any advice??