Loving fresh produce!

Options
jcpmoore
jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
This week I'm joining a new initiative called The Produce Box. They coordinate with tons of local farms in our surrounding areas to bring us fresh produce every week. I just subscribe, pay a weekly amount, and they bring me a box of produce! This week I get double strawberries, romaine lettuce, cabbage, organic garlic, a sweet onion, and a greenhouse tomato. So cool! I already have plans for a fab beef and cabbage stir fry on Friday. Saturday will be burgers (lettuce wrapped for me) so I can slice into that great tomato! Then salads galore. I am excited to be a part of this.

Anybody know a good low-carb recipe for strawberry pie? In fact, any recipes for any of it are welcome. :)

Replies

• HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    JC, that is soooo great! I love veggies. I don't think we have anything like close to me that does that.
    My dh planted a veggie garden so hopefully we will have fresh produce soon.
  • damuchi429
    damuchi429 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That sounds geat I wonder if there is something like that here in Chicago. I am definitely going to research it. I usually buy organic fruits and veggies from Wholefood but getting them delivered to my door would be awesome.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey damuchi! I'm not as familiar with Chicago, though I'll be there in May for a conference. lol Check out Irv & Shelly's Fresh Picks, though. http://www.freshpicks.com/
    They sound pretty good. :)

This program delivers to my work campus, which is HUGE, so we avoid delivery charges that way. It's great. I bet I can get my kids to do ANYTHING for me tonight if I feed them strawberries. lol They'll even clean my kitchen.

school age boys are so bribable. :)