Week 8

Options
cmmattison
cmmattison Posts: 10 Member
Hello, So I am on week 8 of the Medifast program and am down 41 total pounds. I did really well through the first two months and never cheated...not even on Easter. Last night I ate a slice of pizza and honestly felt like I poisoned myself. It actually made me sick. The problem Im having is I see the weight coming off, and people are starting to notice, however, Im just having a really hard time staying on track this week. I dont know why, because I did so well the first 2 months. I sure hope I get over this soon, because the urges to eat something unhealthy are getting strong and my will power is slowly caving. Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes I have and to stop going off plan u have to figure out why stress,etc etc etc. Do u have a health coach...call him/her ASAP!!! As soon as u even think of going off plan...u also can text me 912-281-2366 read Dr. A's Habits of Health;) also go everywhere for support there is a Medifast FB page as well as Support in Motion on the TSFL website,and find 2-3 accountability partners we all struggle u aren't the only one just remember putting the weighg back on is not an option and if u keep chosing to go off plan u r wasting money,your time,etc etc etc;)
  • TelliWelli
    Options
    First of all, Congratulations on your progress so far!!!! That is amazing! It is very challenging!!!

I am doing Nutrimed so it is a different program, however, there are many similarities. This is my 7th week of Nutrimed and week 5, I ate off plan and have struggled ever since then. I want to be back on fully, but really struggle now and feel as though I do need some support to help with this. I am grateful for the recommendations from the previous member. I will have to keep those in mind. I feel like the carbs I ate really made me crave and I have had such a difficult time. I do not know anyone else who is doing anything close to this and so that is why I joined this group because I though maybe it would help me. My family is supportive but do not live local. You are welcome to add me as a friend and hopefully we can help each other. I do not have many friends who agree with the diet, however, one in particular was very supportive but doesn't live locally. She lives 4,000 miles away and unfortunately, I do not have any contact with her right now. Thankfully I stayed with her though while I was on vacation so I was perfect on vacation (Thanks to her!). The MD I'm going through Nutrimed doesn't offer support like Medifast has I don't think so I don't have a health coach. I see a MD once a week for about 10 minutes. I don't know of any support groups so I was hoping to find some on here as well. I thought about going back to my therapist so at least I could pay her to help support and help me tackle my food addictions and emotional eating. Because I don't want to lose all this weight then put it back on because I haven't tackled the biggest contribution.

I hope to hear from you!!!

Telli
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Been there! Totally agree with Amuchison! Go wherever you need to get support...I am on MFP everyday if not getting support, giving it. You know the plan works....always keep your goal in mind & never give up! Feel free to friend me & contact me whenever! The MF group here is amazing! We can do this together!
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    Yup I have that problem! I have been on program and serious about it since January. I've lost 44 LBS so far. But for me it is a monthly thing, for about 3 weeks I am 100% on program, excercising and kicking butt. But for 1 week I struggle horribly to stay away from carbs and sweets. I finally put a sign on my fridge stating the reasons I want to lose weight. I will call my health coach, drink a bunch of water, hop on MFP, or get out of my house and go for a walk, ride my horse, or call one of my long winded friends to chat with ( an hour phone conversation will usually distract ya ).
    For me getting the walden farms marshmellow dip helped too, I will add a small amount to the MF hot cocoa or pudding and it will feel like I am cheating but I am not.
    Stay strong!!