9 yrs later gained weight.

Options
I had my gastric bypass 9 yrs ago. My surgeon after my 2nd post op visit told me that he no longer took my insurance. I was devastated. No dr @ the time would see another drs patient. I was winging it, In 2010 I got accepted into another local dr group. At the time I thought that I knew it all. I failed. I am now back at the dr plus the dietitian, a laarge support group and also a behavior mod small group. This time it is so much easier. Take all the support that you can get. It is so important.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I agree. I had a good doctor for my LapBand, but his follow-up and support were sadly lacking. It also didn't help that I lived pretty far from his office and couldn't make many support meetings (not that they really did much for me). I'm finding the support on MFP to be much more helpful.
  • JustLena75
    JustLena75 Posts: 114
    Options
    How much weight have you gained? I'm 8yrs out...I stumbled onto MFP because I gained 22 back I didn't want. The good news is...it is working!!!!
  • conniepopi56
    Options
    I gained back about 90 lbs. Good news that I am back at bariatric center because right after I had my surgery my surgeon told me that he was not taking my insurance. So I basically had to do this on my own because the drs around here would not take one someone elses patient. Any way the center I am at now is the best support system that I ever had. So with their help and my patience I am going to do this.:flowerforyou: