C25K and NROL4W

Options
fitniknik
fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
I want to do these together, has anybody done it?
Im not exactly sure if I should do 2 days a week of NROL and then 2 days of C25K or exactly how that should all work.
Back round I am in week 4 or NR.
Thoughts?

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I've never done C25K, but I'm in week 2 of NR, trying for lifting 3 days/week, and doing an hour of moderate cardio 2-3 days/week. I don't see why you couldn't do 2 days/week of each, but I wouldn't lift and run on the same day.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It's best (I've found) to have a full rest day after lifting. So if you do like this day by day:

run
    lift
    rest
    run
    lift really heavy stuff!
    rest
    rest

I bet that would work. I remember the NROL book saying to try adding in cardio if you must, see how it feels, and adjust as necessary.
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just finished C25K and overlapped with NROLFW by a couple weeks. Here's what I did:

Mon: Elliptical & NROLFW
    Tues: C25K
    Wed: Bike & NROLFW
    Thurs: C25K
    Fri: Elliptical & NROLW
    Sat: C25K

I had already been doing 6 days of cardio a week and was lifting M, T, Th & F so this was actually much easier than what I was doing before (lifting legs on running days really isn't fun. It's hard enough doing it the day after). Just make sure to rest and listen to your body if it's too much for you!
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think it might also depend on how sore you are from the workouts from nrolfw. The first week i did it i couldnt run because i was soooo sore in my legs i couldnt even walk properly :)

If it gets less then i will continue running again