Just started

Options
I did My First weight/strength Training session on Thursday and Today (being Sunday) I am still in pain(purely bc my muscles are not used to doing anything lol) Is it safe for me to work through and push through the pain in another session tomorrow at the same weights? or will it make my pain even worse and mean I can not train the following time? or do you always Just work through it?? (new to this)

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hi, I always just work through it, but that's just me. Make sure yo stretch after your workout, take hot shower, walk or do something easy on your days off of heavy lifting. You can always take tylenol or something for the pain.
  • hbody2012
    Options
    I felt the same way. I told my self it mind over matter. If you take a epson salt bath it truly helps with the soreness. Also I seen putting cherry juice in my water helps. As you do it at least twice a week it starts to go away then it up hill from there. Cardio seems to male me the sorest.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and stretching will ease the pain. Also going through the same motions will help get the lactic acid out of you muscles. Listen to your body and if it hurts too much take a break, or reduce your sets or weight.
  • Ohbutiloveicecream
    Ohbutiloveicecream Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Invest in a foam roller!

Use it to roll out your muscles (sore or not) after your workouts.

Since you are already hurting, it will be painful to roll it out BUT you will feel better immediately after you finish your rolling session.

Roll out your muscles after each workout to prevent future pain.

Your body will adjust and you will not feel this way very often, but in the beginning (with new moves and all) you will feel sore.
    Welcome to strength training!