Welcome!

Options
LoreleiWalks
LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
Just wanted to say hello and welcome everyone to our new group - yay! If anyone wants to friend me, please feel free. I plan to check in here every now and again to post about how the Fat 2 Fit program is working for me. I hope we can support each other through our ups, downs, and in-betweens as we get less fat and more fit!

A bit about me: I'm 35 and have about 13 pounds to lose. I lost over 50 pounds years ago, and had success keeping it off - until last summer. I basically stopped caring about what I ate, and also went on anti-depressants for an anxiety disorder, which I think also caused some weight gain. I packed on 20 pounds over a 3- or 4-month period, and I was busting out of my clothes. Not so good! I felt uncomfortable in my body, and realized I needed to do something about it. MFP is working well for me - I've lost 7 of the 20 extra pounds so far. I'm just having trouble sticking to a lower calorie (1600 for me) plan. That's where Fat 2 Fit comes in. Today is only day one of my higher (1900 calorie) goal. According to the Fat 2 Fit site, I should be having 2100, but since I have less to lose, I have taken their recommendation of subtracting a few hundred calories until I get to goal.

Replies

• jgriffin88
    jgriffin88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi!!.. After looking around, I have seen where the Fat2Fit makes sense. I was having a hard time meeting the goals set by MFP. So I have changed my goals based upon Fat2Fit and the amount of exercise I do weekly. I'm hoping this will help.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Helloo!!!!!

Thanks for starting the group Lorelei :flowerforyou:

A bit about me: I'm 44, live on the Isle of Wight (just off the South coast of the UK) and have about 65lbs to lose. I lost over 100 lbs between 2002 and 2004 and kep it off for a couple of years. Then I started with injuries.......partially rupturing my left achilles tendon in 2006 (which was never treated properly, and in the last two years alone I've been through physio, 3 months in a cast, three months in a boot, tendon release surgery in the knee followed by an extremely lengthy (and still ongoing) rehabilitation. In 2009 I very badly sprained my other ankle and snapped two of the three ligaments, which also went undiagnosed for 18 months. I had surgery just 8 weeks ago on this ankle and my recovery is going well. But 5 years of immobility, pain and worry have taken their toll and I gained back all the weight I had lost. In October 2010 I started the New Atkins lifestyle and lost 2 stone over about 5 months. I gained some of this back towards the end of last year, so in January I started afresh and joined MFP, still adopting a lowcarb lifestyle.
    I started to count calories, and I was losing weight successfully but was havig to exercise my backside off to get enough calories to stop me feeling hungry. But back then I was ognorant about BMR, TDEE etc and some days I was netting way below 1200. After reading through the forums there seemed to be a growing swell of support for eating above your BMR and in many cases above 1800 cals.

I played around with my numbers, and set my goal as 1800 which will be my maintenance calories for a sedentary lifestyle when I get to my goal weight. I don't have a exercise routine, just snatching time as and when I can so it suits me better to have the sedentary figure as my base, then I can log my exercise calories and eat back as required. I usually eat back at least 50% of my exercise calories, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I always try to ensure that I net at least my BMR of 1550.

So I upped my calories from 1200 to 1800 a few weeks ago, and totally as expected I gained 5 lbs over a 4 week period whilst my body adjusted itself to receiving a decent amount of fuel. Over this period i feel that I was giving my metabolism time to reset.

In the last ten days I have lost those extra pounds and more besides and snce joing MFP 3 months ago I've now lost 19lbs, which equates to an average of 1.5lbs per week.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bec from the UK

It was great to see this group! thank you LoreleiWalks! I didn't think there were many out there eating like me!!

I am in my 4th week of eating at my fat2fit goal weight maintainence and 7 weeks of eating more.

I started out at 1800 and eating back exercise calories but I found I was hungry on non workout days, so I decided to jump in at 1958 and so far it's working. the scales haven't done much until this week where they have gone down nearly 2lbs : )

I am a way off my goal weight and I realise that may change as I get closer to it depending on strength training. My goal weight at the moment is 116lb I am 37 & 5' 0" current weight is 148.7lb

Previously I had lost weight on low a calorie diet then put most of it back on again! I found mfp and read some very informative posts which led me to 'see the light!'

Much happier and tons of energy : )

Happy to have more like minded friends : )
  • androde
    androde Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi um, not sure what to say but "hi". I'm slowly reducing my calories by putting intermittent goal weights this way I'm hoping my weightloss will be more manageable.
  • skward04
    skward04 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 26 and live in Missouri.

I've lost 60 lbs since January 2011 and am currently just 10-12 lbs away from my goal weight! I came across Fat2Fit radio just yesterday, so I have alot of catching up to do :)

I haven't been using MFP's intake goals for quite sometime, as they never seemed right for me. I have been following F2F's plan before I even knew what it was :) I'm in week 6 of P90x Lean and going strong. Feel free to friend me for support or to peek at my diary!
  • mrsrood
    mrsrood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 28 5'8" and about 175. I use to be over 200 and a lot more flab than I have now. I lost a bunch of weight in an unhealthy way and met my husband at that time. I actually gained almost all the weight back before we got married. Not to long into the marriage I decided I was sick of feeling how I was and exercised and restricted calories and got to as low as 140 I think. I still thought I need to lose more weight. People were saying I was too skinny and I was eating 1600 calories a day working out about 7-8 hours a week. I had surgery and could not work out and went back to my old ways of eating tons of crap! Well the weight started to reflect that and now here I am at 175. My goal weight is 150 or a mid healthy body fat %.

I have learned in this process to better appreciate my body. thinking I could have still been so unhappy when I was so small is was a big eye opener. I work out 5x a week and am eating as per the F2F guidlines and hoping it works out, because it seems like a great smart idea. I am a little scared because I am going on vacation in November and worry about the weight not coming off and then having not much time to lose it before vacation. Then I realized you know what I should be happy with how I look now, and just work out and eat well and if I am not 150 by then, oh well I am healthy.

I am looking forward to seeing how other people do and would love any friend request from people in this group, or anyone really. I would love support. I am very married with no kids. My husband is very skinny man and does not care much about being healthy and can not really understand weight struggle so I look for outside support. Hope to find support and that my self and others find great success with the F2F. :)
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, stumbled upon this group and glad I found it. I also stumbled upon fat2fit last month and have been listening to one of the fat2fit podcasts every other day since then. I've also just invested in the book as it sounds so right!

I'm 43, from Kent, 5ft 7 and 203 pounds. I have been gradually getting heavier over the years. Goal weight is 160 pounds, so I have a long journey ahead of me. I've been counting calories since the 5th March and am now following the fat2fit philosophy of eating like the thinner me. It seems so much easier than worrying about eating back calories and having a different calorie goal each day depending on how active I am.

Here's to success, looking forward to chatting with you all :smile:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I'm 44 (well, I will be in two weeks time!:laugh: I'm 5'8 and weigh 176lbs...Lost 50lbs over the last four years and kept most of it off, but am really struggling to get rid of the last 13lbs or so...Picked up 13lbs since August last year and could only drop 6 of those...then got stuck...Think I might be peri-menopausal, as it has never been THIS difficult to lose the weight...(and everything else is rather upside down too...:sad:

Started lifting (I've been running a lot and doing JM now and then) and did not lose an ounce, but fit back into my summer clothes I wore in August when I weighed 168lbs (and could not get into after Christmas)
    Started doing fat2fit last week, and although the scale has not done anything positive, it's not up either...

I'm eating between 1850 and 2100 per day, regardless of exercise...Don't eat those back, except if I did a long (for me 8-12km) run and is starving by the end of the day if I don't eat more....Even then I don't eat all of the approx. 800cals back - just enough so I'm not hungry...

My BMR is 1600 (KatchMcArdle) and my TDEE for my goal weight (163lbs) is 1289...
    Good luck!
  • wannagetfit02
    wannagetfit02 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and just started fat 2 fit yesterday. I just got the Fat 2 Fit book off of Amazon this week and I am currently reading it. It is a summary of all of the shows done so far. I also have a fitbit and have been trying to use MFP for several months. I kept messing up because I was always starving. I upped my calories to what I want my goal weight to be. I am hungry now, but not I am trying to eat a the low end of my range. I am eating the number of calories that a 155 pound person would maintain their weight on. Is that what I am supposed to do? I weigh 165 and want to lose 10 pounds. I am getting ready to sit down and read the book. I will see what they have to say. Thank you for starting this topic.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I am eating the number of calories that a 155 pound person would maintain their weight on. Is that what I am supposed to do? I weigh 165 and want to lose 10 pounds. I am getting ready to sit down and read the book. I will see what they have to say. Thank you for starting this topic.
    I'm not sure, but that's what I'm trying too :smile: I have also just got the book. Had it a week but not yet dipped into it. Sick today with a stremaing cold :sick: a good excuse to ignore the unruly house and tuck into that book!