The scale is starting to move back down!

Options
YAY! After upping my calories to around 2200-2400 on Friday, when I weighed 152.2 pounds, I gained four pounds very quickly (a pound per day--it was interesting to watch the scale go up and up and up and not really mind, hoping that it would turn around). This morning my patience paid off! Stepped on the scale and was down to 154.6 pounds--we're finally moving in the right direction! Thank you thank you thank you to all the amazing people who put together this group and the sticky threads, they've been priceless! Before this I was consistently netting below 1370 calories, working out hard six days a week, and periodically bingeing out of hunger...but I think I'm done with that. Rather than eat the last piece of cake that was taking up space in the refrigerator last night, I took one small bite and then threw it away. Last week I would have eaten the whole thing just because I was hungry and not eating enough...but rest assured I feel quite full these days. :laugh:

(Oh, and eating this much is INSANELY difficult. I felt so stuffed the first few days that I just wanted to lie on the floor and groan about my expanding belly. I think my stomach is finally starting to get used to it, though!)

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Keep it up and congratz! I just posted the same thing lol...me weight shot up 4lbs, and then fell like a rock over the last couple of days :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That's great!! :D

You're seriously a powerhouse and can't wait to see how much stronger you'll get :D
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hurray! That's exciting news! I feel like now that I've upped my calories it's so much easier to just take a bite or so of a treat and be done. I think when you're hungry all the time it's hard not to eat the entire Ben and Jerry's, chocolate bar, or whatever it may be. But when you're full and satisfied it's easy to just let the rest sit knowing there's more for tomorrow!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Keep it up and congratz! I just posted the same thing lol...me weight shot up 4lbs, and then fell like a rock over the last couple of days :)

It's so counter-intuitive! But it's clearly working, so who am I to question the process? :smile: Congratulations on your progress too! Let's keep it rolling!
  • runningfromzombies
    Options
    That's great!! :D

You're seriously a powerhouse and can't wait to see how much stronger you'll get :D

I can't wait to see, either. I'm so excited for this change. (:
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    YES!!! :bigsmile:

Welcome to the rest of your life, baby! :drinker:

Kiki
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love seeing that is works! Since I joined this group, I have been seeing all kinds of "I can't eat, I'm not hungry. I only eat 900 caloires, what's wrong with me?" I've been quoting the sticky threads like mad. Keep up the good work!
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Love to read this kind of post :)
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great news! It's been about 2 weeks since I upped my calories and trust me, the appetite will follow. I found myself getting hungry the last few days. I also started lifting heavier so I'm trying to listen to my body and feed it. I did pretty good today with my macros and calories overall. It's great to be able to eat!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love seeing posts like this!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the great work! Gotta eat to lose!!
  • runningfromzombies
    Options
    Great news! It's been about 2 weeks since I upped my calories and trust me, the appetite will follow. I found myself getting hungry the last few days. I also started lifting heavier so I'm trying to listen to my body and feed it. I did pretty good today with my macros and calories overall. It's great to be able to eat!!

I certainly hope so--right now it's almost a chore to eat, but I'm making it happen. It definitely is great to be able to eat this much, though, even if it is uncomfortable right now; it's stopped all cravings I've ever had right in their tracks. One of my housemates asked if I wanted a chocolate pudding and I was just like "No no NO GET IT AWAY FROM ME I'VE HAD SO MUCH FOOD TODAY." ...He probably thinks I'm nuts. :laugh:
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    yayyy awesome news!!!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!!
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yay! Keep it up! I was having a hard time eating that much at first too but I feel like it's starting to level out as I'm hungry all the time now!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this! I just had a big gain too. Not sure if its from being better about tracking the last week and upping cals, plus more water consumption and my body holding it, or what. Trying not to get discouraged and hoping things pay off next week.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    :-) Love it! Yes, amazing how the body adapts, sometimes I just don't feel my cut is enough:-)

Lucia
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have lost a lb a day since Monday!!
    Its all because i shot up to my actual cut rate instead of inching up bit by bit..

See my latest blog post about it here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/juicemoogan
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congrat's to everyone !

I was 197.4 two days ago, yesterday I was 196.2..I'm waiting by the end of the week to enter this in my weigh-in.

Oh and btw if you'r hungry, get a shake. That what I do right now because I find it hard to litteraly eat 2250 calories. 1 cup of frozen fruits, 1 cup of milk a scoop of protein powder, up in the Magic bullet and ding, good 300 hundred calories of natural and good stuff !

Can't wait to finish the exams and start reading and doing the program of NROLFW.
  • runningfromzombies
    Options
    Down another half a pound this morning! :drinker: