30s Daily - 4/26

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    you beat me to it! i was going to try and give you the morning off, but oh well - i'll have to refrain from hitting the snooze button tomorrow!

happy thursday to all my lovelies! i'm off to a psycho-lady specialty - hopefully she won't be focusing on upper body too much today since that's what we did yesterday - keep your fingers crossed for me. my armpits are sore! :grumble:
  • shorty313
    Options
    The scale isn't really moving this week :grumble: I"m not sure if it's the fact I haven't been able to lift this week, or a few high sodium days. Either way, it's annoying!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain . . . both! The "real" push-ups last night have made my arms (and pits) feel like jell-o today. And like the glutton for punishment I am, stepped on the scales this morning and back up to where I was. :angry: I'm telling myself that it's because I upped all of my weights last night . . . just lactic acid, etc. Must stay away from the scales until Monday . . .

Speaking of glutton, have I ever mentioned I'm a glutton for mutton as well? Really want a gyro . . . and this site really needs a drooling emoticon/smiley . . .

Thank goodness the weekend is nearly here.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I'm failing miserably on all fronts this week. Though my MIL did give me a hydracoach bottle for my birthday, so now I can track my water intake and since it's an electronic gadget, it makes drinking water more fun. :laugh: We've gone straight from ear infections into teething. And trying to switch the boy over to formula is not working so my plans to wean are looking shaky. So I'm trying to come up with some sort of workable plan for getting my exercise in. It seems that waking up at 4 am is about the only solution I can come up with. At least being a dairy cow burns crazy calories... need to get better at tracking what I'm eating.

LOL, glutton for mutton. I love gyros.

Are you feeling any better, shorty, or still dealing with the pain?

Enjoy the psycho-lady special, Stacy!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Epa - neck is still a bit sore but I think I'm turning a corner. Have you tried mixing the formula with breastmilk? Start at 80% BM, 20% F for a few days and work your way to all formula gradually.

chanstriste - have a good workout, hope it's not too painful!

Yes, they need better smilies here, and signature lines!

Debbie
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    Happy Thursday, or as I like to call it Mini-Friday. :)

I've started doing a 15min morning workout to start my day, and so far it's going OK. I just can't seem to get my booty out of bed early enough to get in a "real" morning workout. So I do 25 jumping jacks, 15 tricep dips, 15 bicep curls, 12 arnold presses, 10 push ups (girly style for me), 15 ball crunches, and 1min plank. Repeat 3 times and stretch for 2-3 mins. Tomorrow will be legs, back and butt. I'm going to try and do this 7 days a week.

The weather has gotten colder, and now they are saying we might get some snow this weekend. BOOOO! Guess it's fighting for equipment at the gym for the next few days anyways. I do buddy up sometimes, and for cardio I usually just ask someone how much time they have left and come back when they are done.

I did have a great deal going on with a guy that always got to the gym the same time as I do, we'd pair up on weight machines and shared a bench for free weights. Then he went and asked me out! haha. He is maybe 20, and am 33 and so not single. It's flattering but now he avoids me. :ohwell: Guess some guys are just into sweaty, no makeup, hair in a messy pony tail kinda women.
  • shorty313
    Options
    Amanda - you broke his heart! :tongue:

I just scored a groupon deal at a local yoga place - 20 classes for $40! And I have 5 months to use it. So I can go once a week :happy:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    That's a great deal, Debbie!

We tried mixing it. He just gagged and then started screaming and refused to take his pacifier for fear we'd somehow trick him into drinking poison again. He's pretty dramatic for a 5.5 month old. :laugh:
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP family! Feeling really good today. No soreness after resting and soaking yesterday. Enjoy your day!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    @Amanda: aww...poor guy! lol Having a work out buddy always helps so much! hopefully you will find another person to buddy up with that won't ruin it by asking you out!

My day is starting off slowly...still laying around...day off today.

I am concerned though, my cat keeps having sneezing fits, that I started noticing last night.... hmmm.

The scale finally moved today! only .8 but I will take that! Only lost like 1.5 pounds this month due to my slacking and work schedule, well and cruise...May is a whole new month and I am going to conquer!

Have a great day everyone!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Your cat may be having an allergic reaction to something - I'm serious.

My co-worker's cat was allergic to ear drops prescribed for a yeast infection in his ears. He started having sneezing fits because of it. Anything new in your kitty's environment?
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Thanks Susie!

I've been thinking that maybe she is allergic to vinegar? My friend told me to mix vinegar and water to spray to get rid of her pee smells.

She has a habit of acting out...I confirmed from vet, that she was healthy when she was doing it...now she does it occasionally. It's soooo annoying!

Probably the vinegar.

The vet did say that her one fang was getting bad, where one day it may need to be removed (that was like a yr ago?)...I'm hoping that's not the case. I figure give it a few days and see...
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya folks, hope you're having a good Thursday. My day has just ended. I must have moved 6 tonnes of fish today. I'm utterly drained of energy and i'm throwing my protein numbers to the wind. I need some sushi and until they add netting fish to the list of exercises MFP is going to have to take my word for it. Off to the supermarket later as my fridge is empty apart from a couple of carrots. Then i'm gonna crash out and do some reading and listen to some music :-).
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Back to the gym today! I have a good feeling about meeting my Elite+ goal this week.

My eating is super out of wack today. I need to track and then figure out some actual food. Gonna have to figure out better plans for lunch. Pretzel Slims and hummus do not a lunch make!

Stacy - Are you seeing a personal trainer everyday? Even if you're not, it sounds super intense!

Susan - I always go up a pound or two the day after lifting. Sometimes it feels like it is all lactic acid!
    Mmmm, gyro.

Amanda - Love your little mini workout! Sorry you lost your lifting buddy to your irresistible-ness. :-)

Ok, off to eat something that could reasonably be considered a meal...

SG
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hi all, I'm late in as usual! I've just got home from the gym after a very long workout that immediately followed a full day of work so I'm pretty beat!

Looking forward to the weekend. I did end up signing up for those tennis lessons I mentioned and they start this saturday. All I can say is when they said beginner I hope they really meant it, I haven't picked up a racket since a tennis day camp when I was 8! And I was not good then. I'm also meeting up with my friend I'm running the Bolder Boulder with to go do our registration on saturday so I will officially be committed to do this 10K even though I've barely been running.

Oh boy, the mention of the cat problems is making me cringe....I may be inheriting my brother's two cats in about 6 weeks or so and they are not well behaved. I would never refuse them and have them go to a shelter, but man those little stinkers, well, they deserve the name stinkers.
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Ellie, they can be a pain, but they can have moments of awesomeness too! my kitty is actually cuddling up near me right now. lol, it;s a love/hate relationship! good luck to you with the cats!

goodnight all!