Wearing slimmers and body shapers

Options
soosweet1920
soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
Ok I am not sure what the official name for them are, but I was wondering when you wear like slimmers, girdles, body shapers, and other types of under clothes that are suppose to "hold you in" or "smooth it all out" do you feel like you are cheating yourself? I know many women wear them but for some reason I feel like I am cheating myself or kind of false advertisement because they make you look smaller or more fit than you really are. I guess I feel like I need to really lose the weight so I can actually look like this because when the clothes come off its all still there lol. This is probably a weird question especially since I can't put it in words but I was just wondering!!

Replies

• Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. I feel like I should lose the weight I want so that my body will really look like that but at the same time o figure I might still b4 erasing them when I get to my goal weight until it's toned up. I mean thin people wear them too so a I'm talking this out right now, I don't think it's cheating it's like wearing make-up or push-up bras or weave ... anything else...it's just s little helper...
  • camelotss
    camelotss Posts: 55
    Options
    Even when I was slimmer, I wore spanx or assets often. For me I just like the no pany line, no wedgie and slimming feel and look you get when wearing them. I don't think you're cheating yourself, it's just a way to look better in your clothes, IMO.
  • chefswife_00
    Options
    I always have this mental picture:laugh: of looking fab when you wear a smoother, and then when you take it off, the fat just explodes!! :noway:
  • LesiaBravel
    LesiaBravel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I use to wear spanks they were so tight I always thought of them spanking me for getting fat. I stopped wearing them so that I could breath.
  • dnewton123
    Options
    I don't think it's cheating at all, it's not as if spanx get you into a size you normally wouldn't wear it just gives you s sleeker look in the size you do wear. No different than wear a bra.:smile::wink:
  • soosweet1920
    Options
    I don't think it's cheating at all, it's not as if spanx get you into a size you normally wouldn't wear it just gives you s sleeker look in the size you do wear. No different than wear a bra.:smile::wink:

This is TRUE!! Thanks thats what I needed to read lol. I was just thinking dang even if I lose 50 pounds I would still wear them because I want it to look smooth and some of these rolls ain't going no where!
  • carolinagirl919
    carolinagirl919 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Even when I was slimmer, I wore spanx or assets often. For me I just like the no pany line, no wedgie and slimming feel and look you get when wearing them. I don't think you're cheating yourself, it's just a way to look better in your clothes, IMO.

^^^THIS!

I'm actually wearing a body shaper under the dress in my profile pic. LOL!
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    No, I don't feel like it's cheating...it's a necessity for some, we're all not perfect. I suffer from dunlap and backfat and I can't STAND to see a person wearing fitted clothing looking like the Michelin Man.
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    I use them only when necessary...some of my clothes are thin so I hate having dimples showing or extra rolls..you want the smooth look...

I hate them because they are so freaking tight but hey there is sometimes a price to pay to look good...

Naw, its not cheating..its understanding that our bodies aren't perfect and there are items out there to help until you can get back into that 100% tone body your working so hard to get...

Hope eveyone is having a wonderful day..:smile::smile:
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I always have this mental picture:laugh: of looking fab when you wear a smoother, and then when you take it off, the fat just explodes!! :noway:

I almost chocked when I read this!!!!

I have one, but have yet to wear it. I like to feel free. Everyone can see I'm a big girl so I don't even bother. LOL
  • GeorgiaDaughter
    GeorgiaDaughter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me personally I can't do it. There's no way in the world I would get up and put on all kinds of equipment just to "smooth" myself out. I live in Florida and its just too hot for all that lol. More power to people that can do it but I just refuse lol. My goal is to fix my problem areas not hide or smooth them out.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I wear them...hell, sometimes two pairs LOL! And I must say they have helped me fit into a dress which was two sizes too small! So, I'm all for them. #teamspanx
  • soosweet1920
    Options
    Ok I have officially changed my mind! I'm looking at women that are way smaller than me that need some spanx really bad! It really do hide the imperfections.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I do not leave my house without my girdle unless I'm going to the gym! Since I had my son 7 years ago that's what the doc prescribed me and i stuck with it...it's second nature now!
  • mtldy
    mtldy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    All I can say is Spanx, Spanx, and more Spanx!!!!
  • debsocwk
    debsocwk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx pretty consistently, especially under my church clothes. Like others I really want things smoothed out, and my secondary mom has drilled into my head the importance of foundation garments (which is what she calls them). I think they help give a nicer silhouette, like my push-up bra does, and it makes me feel better.
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time under my dresses, like others have mentioned I like the slimming effect and no panty line. I also have a corset type girdle that I wear from time to time, I like the overall look when I wear it under certain clothing.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have them but can't stand them!! When I have to pee really bad!! OMG and what about when you bend over and the dang thing rolls down.. I just wanna die thinking about the dang things.. I can't even imagine how in the hell someone would get two on!!

That bieng said.. I HATE HATE HATE.. my giant belly flap that after coming down from 400lbs aint going nowhere without serious cash and surgery.. therefore.. IF I dress up.. sigh.. spanx.. the poor mans plastic surgery...
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have them but can't stand them!! When I have to pee really bad!! OMG and what about when you bend over and the dang thing rolls down.. I just wanna die thinking about the dang things.. I can't even imagine how in the hell someone would get two on!!

That bieng said.. I HATE HATE HATE.. my giant belly flap that after coming down from 400lbs aint going nowhere without serious cash and surgery.. therefore.. IF I dress up.. sigh.. spanx.. the poor mans plastic surgery...

I feel the same way, they are either riding down or riding up and then you feel self conscious, but you also like how they look underneath your clothes. It's sooo hard!
  • nkechio23
    nkechio23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is cheating. I wear slimmers/shapers when I wear a tight dress. i feel more confident knowing that when i sit down no rolls will be showing. With hard work and eating right hopefully the next time I want to wear a tight dress I wont have to wear them. But in the meantime...I will def wear one!! :)