Phase 3, Week 9 and 10

Options

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ok i take back anything i said about workout 9 being the hardest. workout 10 is, ha ha ha.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My second week on 9/10 and though I huff and puff more through 10, I like it better than 9 because I hate all those push up/plank things. She's not playing around people!
  • theredcliche
    Options
    My second week on 9/10 and though I huff and puff more through 10, I like it better than 9 because I hate all those push up/plank things. She's not playing around people!

after all the plans and push ups in 9, i'm like "why do curtsies with 3 lb dumbbells hurt?!?!" those are supposed to be LIGHT weights haha. you're almost done!!!!
  • theredcliche
    Options
    oh, also, in workout 9, she tells you to do dive bombers and say she'll show a modification in a minute, but she never does. i SUCK AT THOSE. i had my husband video tape my workout today so i could see what my form really looks like and i'm terrible. i feel like some of the actors have junky ones and people like omar are amazing, but is there a way to get better at these besides just doing them? i tried to do them on my knees but i looked like i was getting it on with the floor and that made me feel a little inappropriate ha ha, even when i'm the only one in the room!
  • roander
    Options
    OMG...that's hilarious!

I totally noticed she didn't offer up any modifications and by the time you figured out what was going on, they were done. Same thing with the Downward Dog, knee to the chest, knee crossover, knee to elbow one. You're going "WHAT???" and they only do two.
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I had to do both 9 & 10 today back to back. I didn't get to workout yesterday and didn't want to get off my schedule. It was tough! Y'all are cracking me up with the dive bombers. They are hard and there is no way to tell if you are doing it right. The video was a good idea! I can't do the reverse blank leg lifts at all. Today I just tried to hold the reverse plank the whole time. Still can't do the rock-n-roll thingies either.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Ok guys, I'm only in week 8 but love listening to those of you ahead of me to see what I'm in for. What the heck is a dive bomber???:ohwell:
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    ^^Me too. On Week 8 and wondering about the dive bombers. Will have go get the video now and check it out. LOL
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I start week 9 today, all I could say when I previewed the video was OMG. I also told my husband when I work out in the morning to check on me after 30 minutes to make sure I'm still standing, and to ignore anything else he hears unless its a call for help from the basement. :smile:
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a dive bomber???:ohwell:

I just googled it. It is a push-up that starts it down dog, then moves into chaturanga and cobra then repeat. That is the easiest way for me to describe it =/
  • roander
    Options
    In other words:
    Throw yourself on the floor, raise your torso off the ground with your arms...only do it with grace.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just finished workout 9 today for the first time (YAY, phase 3!!) and OMG!!!! Did anyone else question if Jillian lost her mind during this workout?!? I actually had to pause the DVD several times because I thought I was going to die, and that is totally not like me. I was yelling at Jillian telling her she was f'ing crazy and asking her if she lost her mind. The dive bombers were ok for me as were the crabs with weights, but all the stuff in circuit one and two with planks made my wrists hurt sooooo bad.

Oh well, time to get some protein in me. I am definitely scared for workout 10 tomorrow.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Starting workout 9 tonight and am scared! Ahhhh! I've been on weeks 7 and 8 for about 3 weeks now, but only got about a weeks worth of working out in the last 2 weeks. I'm just moving on.
  • roander
    Options
    No matter how hard I try, I can NOT lay on my back with my legs up and lift my butt off the ground. It won't move at all. I have to put a foot on the floor and push with my heels.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Workouts 9, 10 and Cardio 3 are just SOO brutal! I'm not a wuss, but I've shed a tear for the past couple of days while doing Cardio 3....yeah it's that bad to me!

Crab kicks....WTH!!!! They all do it with such ease....just bouncing up and down, it's a chore for me to even LIFT my leg while doing it!

But I do it....guess that's all that matters.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What is with that move in Workout 10 in which you bend at the waist with one leg up and touch the floor with your dumbbell and hold there? I have no balance with that move. It was funny to see everyone in the video struggle with it (except Anita who did it without the weight-- she is awesome!).
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just did 10 this morning....jealous of Anita! Its a Half Moon Yoga Pose.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just did 10 this morning....jealous of Anita! Its a Half Moon Yoga Pose.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH...that's one of my favorite poses from my yoga practice. Something to look forward to in workout 10!
  • misslauren927
    misslauren927 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today I am on workout 10..I start workout 11 on monday.

I find workout 10 to be extremely awkward and its most least favorite workout so far in the set.
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    In other words:
    Throw yourself on the floor, raise your torso off the ground with your arms...only do it with grace.

Accurate description! :) I think you need to add an uggggghhhhh in the middle!