protein shakes

Options
angelialouise
angelialouise Posts: 17 Member
what kind of protein shakes work for you?? make them yourself or buy them? recipes?

Replies

• luvbeingmomof3
    Options
    I make them myself. Usually with yogurt and/or coconut milk, scoop of whey protein and a banana/strawberries or blueberries.
  • mangitangi
    Options
    I make them daily. I mix almond milk, a tri-sorb protein blend, spinach and banana - my favorite and it fills me up with low calories and good nutrition. Great way to save calories for the rest of the day!
  • goal262
    goal262 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just recently started spinach smoothies. Sounds a little wierd but the spinach has no flavor really up against whatever kind of fruit you use. This is what I do,
    1 handful baby spinach
    1 banana
    1/2 cup of any other frozen fruit- stawberries, blueberries, mangos, peaches etc.
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1 cup water ( or enough to get blended)

I sometimes add vanilla yogurt for alittle more sweetness but this has been really yummy and spinach as a green produce has the highest amount of protien. you could also add Chia seeds or Flaxseed. Try it , it's really good :-):drinker:
  • Sadiebug77
    Options
    I use RTD Eas carb advantage or cyto sport 100% whey protein powder. sometime I add baby spinach
    And instant coffe
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I jut started using Dymatize ISO-100 whey protein powder. I add it to a blender with 1 cup of frozen fruit and 1 cup of almond milk... makes a great smoothie... tastes like a milkshake. :happy:
  • campychick
    campychick Posts: 20
    Options
    I make my own with 6oz of plain greek yogurt or 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein, 1 cup of mixed berries, 2 cups water (gets in part of my daily water) and a TBSP of Truvia.

Another protein shake I have in the evenings that tastes more like a treat to me and helps keep me full through the night (I struggle with night snacking/eating) is to take 6 oz of plain greek yogurt, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein, 2 TBSP of unsweetened chocolate powder, and Truvia to taste with ice and water to the 2 cup level. If I don't have as many calories available, I use FF/SF instant pudding powder in place of the protein. Yum!

As for recipes, I do a lot of searching on the internet as well as the recipe forum on here in the message boards. There are so many out there!
  • angelialouise
    angelialouise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!