Original cord (instead of green)

Options
I'm one of the many who received the green cord in place of the the original cord due to "overwhelming demand," and I really didn't think much of it until we started using it more in #5, but now I'm feeling a bit wary. If you did not get the green cord, can I ask if yours is exactly like the one in the videos? The green cord has an enclosed handle that slides a bit and really doesn't seem to be of the same length or tension of the one in the video.

Maybe it's me (everything looks nicer, smoother, easier, better on the DVD), but I think the green cord is cheap and the "real cord" must be better, but let me know if I'm fooling myself. I have seen a thread about requesting a replacement, but if the original cord isn't much better, I'll probably go to a sporting goods store and spring for a good one.

Replies

• azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I got the green cord too and feel the same way. Very cheap and no resistance at all. I went out and bought another one.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i got the original one and i hated it. i think everyone is having issues with the resistance cable, but i've read a lot of trouble with the green one. i went to walmart and bought a set that is like rubber tubing and i'm loving it.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I got the one that is exactly like the one in the videos. I haven't had any problems with it.
  • pmcjt
    pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I originally received the green on and didn't like it. I also thought it seemed loose. The company sent me the ones used in the dvds and I don't like that one either. It is adjustable so I'm always futzing with it to see if I can get it right. I had a cable before JMBR that I like the best. lol
  • court122383
    Options
    I have the green one- at first I thought it was too short (but I'm pretty tall too.. so I thought that could be an issue) but I'm in workout 7 and 8 now, and it's working just fine
  • jupityjupe
    jupityjupe Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i got the cheap green one and it is impossibe to use as it is too short...my 9 yr old can use it because he is only half my height but even if i don't loop it around my foot i can't get my arms fully extended to do the exercises with this one...i've been using weights instead but will purchase a new cord do do the workouts with....a bit af a fail for a program that cost $140
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Ha, I just posted this same topic! I emailed customer service about it! I paid way too much not to get the cable.
  • jupityjupe
    jupityjupe Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ha, I just posted this same topic! I emailed customer service about it! I paid way too much not to get the cable.

i'd like to know what customer service does about it...please post back if you think about it..
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I also got the cheapy green one with my order but I already had the black high resistance cable so that is what I use! I would LOVE to send this back and get what was suppose to be in the box! I felt ripped off cuz this was not an inexpensive series!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I can't remember here I read it, but someone from this board reached out to Customer Service regarding the replacement green cable. At that time, additional stock of the black adjustable caable that should have been a part of the set was in and Customer Service sent the person the right cable. I would reach out to Customer Service.
  • hulagirl30
    hulagirl30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I emailed customer service and they sent out the JM free of charge. It's so much better than that crummy green one.
  • Howbouto
    Options
    I got a response today (emailed them on Saturday). They are sending me the correct cord.
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    I bought one at a sporting goods store today (should have taken the time to go throught customer service, but I could not go another day with the crummy green one.) My new one is approximately 12 inches longer than the one sent with JMBR! I was told that they are "standard" length and the tension is the only variable.
  • Howbouto
    Options
    I received the original cord today. Big difference, its about 1.5 feet longer and definately better quality.