Anyone cry yet?

Options
gerbies
gerbies Posts: 444 Member
I was just thinking about this as I was working out this morning. For the third time, I've been pushed to the brink of tears whiel doing these workouts. I haven't shed a tear yet, but I'm on the cusp. I think it comes from being frustrated tht I can't do something perfectly and/or about to die right before she wraps up an interval.

Am I the only one? This is the first time I can remember being pushed to tears while working out. Only Jillian Michaels...lol.

Replies

• formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    No actual tears yet, but some whimpering, occasional shouting back, and a few rather inappropriate outbursts. Jillian and I have the proverbial "love/hate" relationship. I hate her and would shank her during a workout, but when I see my abs or shoulder muscles I cheerily say "I love Jillian Michaels" - weird, but it's probably exactly what she's expecting.

If we were going to drop dead from her workouts, it would have been during the first week - right? Right....?
  • studswife
    studswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm so out of breath, I'm too tired to shout, cry, or whimper. I usually find myself being supported by the floor out of breath.... towards the end of course.
  • Severshe
    Severshe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get so stinkin' angry during 7 I can hardly stand it. I suck at push ups....um....all of the MANY different types she has you try in 7. I have even tried positive self talk before starting 7. No luck, still pissed by the end. Doesn't help that 7 happens to be my sons' favorite. I have a hard time deciding if I'm more angry with Jillian or him! No tears yet, but I'm not saying it won't happen!
  • pmcjt
    pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Those crab exercises have me thinking about crying. I struggle with form. Today, I found myself telling Jillian she is "messed up" and to "hold on". Made me feel better!
  • jupityjupe
    jupityjupe Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i don't cry during the workouts but i do shout at jillian sometimes..(i am not a fan of her personality) i cry when i look in the mirror...that's what keeps me doing them
  • Tanya0927
    Tanya0927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! Now I'm really scared to start JMBR!!! LOL!

Just received mine in the mail...after reading the amazing success posts on here for several weeks I finally ordered it.

YUP even after hearing posts like this I'm still excited!!! HAHAHAHA! :love:
  • court122383
    Options
    you guys are HILARIOUS! I'm actually laughing out loud right now! I just channel my frustration into my squats (or crab, I guess! haha) but when it's cool down time... I LOVE Jillian :) Be so stinkin proud of yourselves that you're doing it!!!! :)
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    O.k., it's funny...I haven't yelled at her yet...lol. Maybe that's healthier than getting frustrated with myself. I'm going to start swearing like a sailor at her...lol.

It's definitely a love/hate relationship. I have found myself physically pointing at her or some of the people in the video when they are talking directly at "me". I try to imagine myself being there...lol. Me there...the only chubby girl way in the back...lol.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yep! Phase 3 is a MONSTER! For the past couple of days I've cried during the workouts because I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was in such pain and so drained! I figured it out though....instead of doing Cardio 3 last, I do it first and then I do Workouts 9 or 10.....yesterday was a "breeze" and no tears shed!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Haven't cried yet but I yell back at Jillian all the time...my kids think it's hysterical.

What's funny is when she points at the camera and claims to be able to see us at home, my kids believe her. They're like, "oooooh, Mommy, she's gonna come through the TV and hurt you if you don't stop yelling at her!"