Already fell off the wagon

Options
damuchi429
damuchi429 Posts: 33 Member
Ok so I have already abandoned my low carb eating. I don't know what I was thinking starting this challenge when my anniversary is tomorrow and my birthday on Sunday. My daughter's boyfriend as a mean to score brownie points sent me a box of Fannie May candy which I have already eaten nine pieces totally 2000 calories and 75 carbs and 32 grams of sugar. This might not be sooo bad except there are three 27 more pieces. If I had any will power I could just eat two a day and be within carb count but I have none. The good news is that after I eat this candy I will be sick of it for a while.

Replies

• HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Girl, that is only 2 days out of 6 weeks soooo enjoy, then plan to start the challenge Monday and you are good to go.
    Preplan your foods.

We are all going to have family birthdays, anniversaries, luncheons, reunions etc etc and we can't use this as an excuse to quit.

Enjoy the parties, make memories and then get back on track. This isn't about loosing weight fast, it is about getting healthy. Spending time with our families is part of being healthy.

Don't beat yourself up!!!!

Don't throw a pity party cause no one will attend then your feelings will be hurt.

Shake it off and take my hand, get up and let's do this together!!!
  • th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    I fell pretty hard today too... total carb addict here... just brush yourself off and start over again.... put the candy in little baggies... 2 a day and tell someone else to put them up for you so you don't know where they are and only get 1 bag a day...
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We all do it once in a while! Don't beat yourself up! I agree with everyone else just dust off and jump back on the wagon! You're gonna be just fine....hang in here! :flowerforyou:
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I do this too. I fell off Monday, hence why I jumped on here so quick Tuesday! To big plates of pasta. I don't want none of that anytime soon again! If it helps, sometimes I keep my candies in the freezer so I won't eat so many. I take out one or two, let them thaw, then eat them. Less impulsive that way. :)
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm making room back on the wagon - c'mon, come back up here! I'll pull you back up here with me!!!!! You can DO this!
  • damuchi429
    Options
    I'm making room back on the wagon - c'mon, come back up here! I'll pull you back up here with me!!!!! You can DO this!

I am ready to go. Decided to celebrate my birthday on Friday so I can get back to business. Thanks or the helping hand.
  • SherryLohr
    Options
    I just went through my daughters birthday which meant we had Olive Garden for dinner and cake to follow. I managed to make it through and stay within my calorie range! Now I have to survive her party on Sunday which will involve more cake and I will be eating a piece then too. The nice thing is that we can have a sweet cheat day every once in a while but the important thing is to remember what our goals are and especially how hard we have worked to get as far as we have come. Give those candies away or throw them away if they are too much of a temptation! I have to tell you that today I fell in love with Fiber One's chocolate fudge brownies. The are soooo good! Moist and perfect and have chocolate chips in them and ONLY 90 CALORIES!!! I was shocked at how good they are! Keep up the good work that you have done and jump back on that wagon! :bigsmile:
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Have my daughters Sweet 16... with lots of sweets tonight! So I planned ahead and new I wouldnt start until Sunday. We are here for you! If this journey was easy none of us would have a weight issue! Good luck girl!
  • damuchi429
    Options
    Thanks Sherry and Rapture for your words of encouragement.
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Damunchie, you are going to do just fine!
    In May, I have 4 birthdays coming up. My mother, my brother, my son, and my niece who stays with me on weekends.
    So I will have to do alot of preplanning, exercising , etc

OH and MOTHER'S DAY is coming up too...LOL
  • damuchi429
    Options
    glad to report that I have been doing much better this week. I have stayed in my carb count and have done dvds to burn more calories. I have lost most of the weight I gained from my insane birthday week binge and I feel that I will make it close to my goal.
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I too am pretty good with my carbs with a slip here and there but all in all it's good and I did start exercising again! Keep on going everybody!!!