Favorite Strength Training moves?

Options
rmhand
rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
What are your favorites?
What do you like about it? (make you feel strong, shows your progress, feels good, etc...)

I like chin ups (assisted) because I know how cool it will be when I can do it on my own.

Replies

• britty_01
    Options
    I absolutely love barbell workouts. I don't like to use circuits because they help you too much. With barbells I always feel it and see quicker results. The same goes for dumbells. I am a fan of the old fashion iron workouts!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and squats are my favorite. They make me feel like a strong, sexy beast. I also enjoy bench presses, but I think that's mostly because I can't wait for the day I can bench more weight than my brother ;)
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    stronglifts baby! go here and check it out. compound moves all the way.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I don't know if 'love' is the right word but I would say full squats as they make me feel strong when I'm doing them and like I'm working my whole body, also push ups - they're not getting easier but I can tell I'm stronger - I'll soon be able to do full push ups : )
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Have to say squats are my least favourite and hence take more will-power to do!
    I like DL's, pull ups but my new love is wall balls, I know they're not technically a strength training move, but I've been trying out some of the crossfit workouts and I now incorporate these into my routine, they really work your shoulders as well as your legs, plus there's a cardio element as I get seriously tired and out of breath, what's more it's fun throwing a ball about, a win all round :-)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's considered strength training, but I love doing Incline crunches. I have to use the medicine ball to get all the way up, but I still love it. And it's fun to slide off of when I'm done. :laugh:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I love deadlifts. I love how powerful I feel when I do them and how good the movement feels. I also love having that line on my thighs- love it!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I love DLs and Squats- make me feel so strong! I also love kettlebell cleans and presses and thrusters and windmills! :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    ooohhhh, I'd forgotten about the "assisted pull-ups"...I was doing some of those in mid-January. Yep, I like those - but hopefully will be able to do chin-ups, unassisted, once I complete Stage 6 of NROL4W.

I like rock-stars and bench presses, too. (but haven't done these for awhile, either).
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Clean & Jerk baby..
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I love all the barbell lifts I do; I can't pick! :love:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Any sort of pulling exercise: one-armed rows, bent-over rows,etc. My arms may not look like much but all the pulling/rowing exercises have vastly improved my upper-body strength. I have to work more on my pressing ones though like: bench and shoulder as I tend to think I was built more for pulling than pressing but I try anyway.