New to MFP and the Nashville Group

Options
Good Morning! My name is Rachel Rogers. I am very excited about this website! I have about 40 pounds I would like to lose. Someone who I work with told me about this website and it is really helping me track my calories and my exercise. i just started yesterday, but I am very inspired. Life gets away from you and one day you just look up and realize....Why am I buying new clothes? Well, it's because the smaller ones don't fit anymore. I refuse to keep going down that road. I am doing Slim Fast Shakes twice a day and having a sensible meal. I am interested in meeting new people that are going through the same thing. It's always good to have friends/support. Have a great day!

Replies

• jessicar03
    Options
    Hi Rachel! My name is Jessica. I am actually living in the Chicago area right now but we are moving to Nashville in three weeks. I have about 40 pounds to lose but I am starting with a goal of 18 pounds for now. I am married and have a one-year-old daughter. So far I am trying to just drink more water and eat better food and more sensible portions. I am also weighing every day, which has been important to keep me on track in the past. (I know it fluctuates every day, but if I see a steady downward trend I don't mind the fluctuations! :)) Nice to meet you!
  • purplegirl777
    Options
    Hi Jessica! It's nice to meet you too! Drinking water is a really good way to trick your system into not wanting to snack when you're actually not that hungry. I have done this before, but I am just now finding my inspiration again. What part of Nashville are you moving to? It's very nice here right now, but I think we may have a really warm summer. Your baby girl is absolutely adorable. You and I are kind of in the same boat with our 40 pounds. Feel free to contact me any time. I just love this website for holding me accountable for my choices! I can't wait to weigh again tomorrow morning...hoping it might go down, but realizing it's okay if it doesn't yet. I'm just starting. Have a great day!
  • purplegirl777
    Options
    Small goals are good too. I put down 40, but my first goal is 5 pounds. Once I get there, I will do 5 more.
  • jessicar03
    Options
    We are going to be living in the West End - we're moving for my husband's job and his job will be near there. Do you like Nashville? Any recommendations? I have to admit, I am scared of the hot summers! (Funny since Chicago is so cold all the time.) Great to meet you and keep me posted - we can help keep each other accountable. Even today I can already tell that drinking more water is helpful!
  • travelbypaige
    travelbypaige Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachel and Jessica! I am in the same 40 lb category as both of you...and I started this new journey last week. I agree, drinking lots of water is an important part of any weightloss plan, so keep chuggin'!!! I would love to have a local group to tap into to stay accountable to...I work from home so my day to day social interactions with adults are limited(my 2 year old just doesn't understand why I need to be on the treadmill so much!). Please feel free to add me to your friends list and we can keep ourselves motivated.
  • purplegirl777
    Options
    Jessica, West End is very nice. It's a higher end area of town. Nice houses, near the Vanderbilt college campus. Eclectic shops and restaurants.

West End Map
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1600&bih=787&q=nashville+tn+west+end&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x886461566c637039:0x6b1273021576848a,West+End,+Nashville,+TN&gl=us&ei=XPZyT4yjNsz4ggfBvaQy&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDAQ8gEwAA

West End Restaurants
    http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states/tennessee/west-end-neigh-nashville-restaurants/

There's a little info for you. We normally don't have Texas hot summers, but I have a feeling this year is going to be bad since we had a mild winter. The good news is, winter here will be nothing to you. : ) I will definitely keep in touch. I am on day 3 and it's going well so far.

Hi Paige! Nice to meet you!! We all have things in life that limit our time! Congrats that you are sticking to the treadmill when you can!! That's wonderful!! Thank you so much for saying I can add you as a friend! I think we are all looking for the support we need to be successful in our journeys.

Best of Luck ladies and I hope you have a great day!
  • jessicar03
    Options
    Thanks RAchel! That is so nice of you. Thank you for the recommendations! We are excited for our move (we move the week of April 23). OK I'm off to chug some water and hopefully will be taking Lauren for a walk this afternoon!
  • jessicar03
    Options
    Oh and Paige - just friend requested you. I would love to keep in touch and keep eachother accountable!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Dawn and live about 40 minutes south of Nashville. I have a little more than 40 to lose....I'm at 50. Ive been doing MFP since January and LOVE it. Feel free to send friend requests I will modivate and cheer you on.
    jessicar03 I moved here from subarbs of chicago 4 years ago. Summers will take some getting use to. How lucky your moving near Vandy. It is really nice up that way. Hope you have a good move.
  • purplegirl777
    Options
    Hi Dawn! Nice to meet you! My parents used to live in Columbia and just moved to Lewisburg. I'm familiar with South of Nashville. Thanks for the encouraging words!! I will send you a friend request! I could use all the motivation I can get! I'm happy to give it as well!! Have a great day!! :)
  • Tdapelo
    Tdapelo Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome to the new people here! I have been doing MFP and Weight Watchers for about 3 months now it is going well. I'm down about 15lbs and feeling so good. :)

Lets all keep each other going...some of the people I started with here have already given up. DON'T GIVE UP!! :)

Trish
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hello all - 25 miles west-ish of Nashville. Work in Brentwood. Been on here a few months now, but just became truly committed the past 4 weeks, I think. My husband actually found this group for me, lol. I moved here from Indiana to be with him nearly 3 years ago and still have no real friends of my own (locally, that is). :smile:
  • kandaceleehans
    Options
    Hello Ladies.

My name is Kandace. I am also in the West Nashville Area and work in Brentwood. I would love to have some more people to be accountable to. I am trying to get back to my pre-relationship weight. It turns out eating like you 6'9" husband is not a good plan. I long term have more than 40 to go, but am taking it day by day. Portion control and the quality of what I put in my body is my focus now. I trying to get out of the college cuisine mindset. I go to the Westside Athletic Club in West Nashville. I didnt know if any of you patroned there since we seem to be out that way. Feel free to add me! Good Luck!!! :D
  • Bamatidwell
    Options
    Hi ladies I have been on this site about 8 months. I am getting to the end of my journey and really needing some support. Thought I would get a little more involved. Would love some additonal friends on my page to give support to also. This is a struggle some days. Nice to meet all of you. BTW I am in the Mount Juliet Area.
  • pujangel
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I live in Nashville and work in Brentwood. I have been on MFP since January, but have not been movtivated the last couple of months. I'm looking for a partner to keep the both of us motivated. I workout in the Brentwood area if anyone would like a workout buddy. Thanks for ready my post!